unlimited internet option on divina ?

plucasana

is there a package for unlimited wifi on the caribbean routes?

tia, sandra

Don't think so, from what I recall the highest amount of time on any MSC cruise was 24 hours and that doesn't mean all day, everyday but 24 hours of being connected. You'd be hard pushed to use that much time on a conventional 7 day cruise as you'd need to be online more than 3 hours per day. Most people are too busy being ashore or enjoying the ship, eating, drinking and even sleeping to be spending that much time online.

Thanks, it is not so much that I would use it all up but that I don't want to feel pressured. I like to pay everything upfront,,, maybe they will change that until I cruise [emoji53]

Maybe the US office will allow you to prepay for one of the wifi package?

I've never looked into that as I'm the opposite to you, I never want to pay anything before I have to and any way if it's on my onboard account then I get loyalty points for the spend. I don't if if I've paid in advance.

[emoji3] I know, it does not really seem very smart. In Europe we can prepay for most of the packages (spa, laundry, internet etc.) an d get a discount while doing so. Unfortunately there is no unlimited internet package like on celebrity or royal cruises yet. I really hope they change that!!!

Thanks, it is not so much that I would use it all up but that I don't want to feel pressured. I like to pay everything upfront,,, maybe they will change that until I cruise [emoji53]

You may not know this but you get loyalty points for onboard spend with MSC (unlike X). For every 200$/€ you get 1 point added to your clubcard tally. If you prepay your spend won't qualify.

Sorry, Mairi, I hadn't seen your post! I'm totally in agreement with you re never paying upfront. By the time I get my credit card bill I often have almost two months from disembarking 'til I have to pay for my onboard spend! The points can really add up from that source, too. That's why I'm not too happy with the changes coming into being. The introduction of all-inclusives in the price reduces the onboard spend AND forces us to pay for services ten weeks in advance of receiving them.

Same goes for the Yacht Club. You pay a premium price but get the same number of points for the cruise as someone paying a fraction of it in an inside Bella and it's all-inclusive so less need to spend, ergo less points accumulated for that experience. Other cruise lines give points related to the level of cabin category booked which is more fair, though they don't give points for onboard spend. It should be more like supermarket loyalty system where you get points for how much you spend - both on the fare AND onboard. That way, if you get a bargain price for a cruise you get less points than someone who paid more for the same cruise.

Edited by Beamafar

You may not know this but you get loyalty points for onboard spend with MSC (unlike X). For every 200$/€ you get 1 point added to your clubcard tally. If you prepay your spend won't qualify.

Sorry, Mairi, I hadn't seen your post! I'm totally in agreement with you re never paying upfront. By the time I get my credit card bill I often have almost two months from disembarking 'til I have to pay for my onboard spend! The points can really add up from that source, too. That's why I'm not too happy with the changes coming into being. The introduction of all-inclusives in the price reduces the onboard spend AND forces us to pay for services ten weeks in advance of receiving them.

Same goes for the Yacht Club. You pay a premium price but get the same number of points for the cruise as someone paying a fraction of it in an inside Bella and it's all-inclusive so less need to spend, ergo less points accumulated for that experience. Other cruise lines give points related to the level of cabin category booked which is more fair, though they don't give points for onboard spend. It should be more like supermarket loyalty system where you get points for how much you spend - both on the fare AND onboard. That way, if you get a bargain price for a cruise you get less points than someone who paid more for the same cruise.

Yes not happy at either having to prepay or icur service charge. I know I don't technically need the points but there is talk of a new level and I'm sure sooner or later they'll start tweaking withnthe points you need for each level, as they get more and more reaching Gold and Black.

Whilst I haven't yet sailed YC, it does seem unfair that you get the same points as an inside. On Costa if you book a Premium cabin there is an a cellared multiplier, not huge,mthink it's 25% extra, but it does acknowledge those paying more get more reward. After all I get one heck of a lot more Avios if I fly business class rather than the cheapest economy alternative on a flight.