Excellent BBC4 Documentary about Russia

There is currently an excellent BBC documentary called Empire of the Tsars: Romanov Russia. It is a three part series by the fantastic Lucy Worsley. She is the Head Curator of Historic Palaces and makes lots of fantastic historical programmes for the BBC.

This latest one is a 'must' for anybody going to or been to SPB. It certainly made me want to return. Wish I had seen this before I had been there.

There is currently an excellent BBC documentary called Empire of the Tsars: Romanov Russia. It is a three part series by the fantastic Lucy Worsley. She is the Head Curator of Historic Palaces and makes lots of fantastic historical programmes for the BBC.

This latest one is a 'must' for anybody going to or been to SPB. It certainly made me want to return. Wish I had seen this before I had been there.

Do you have any suggestions how I could download or see this documentary in the US?

Do you have any suggestions how I could download or see this documentary in the US?

You can watch it online at several sites (one such site is linked below):

http://watchseries-online.li/category/empire-of-the-tsars-romanov-russia-with-lucy-worsley

Unfortunately, you can't purchase it from the BBC store if you have a US or Canadian IP address. Hopefully, it will be available sometime in the future on PBS.

You can watch it online at several sites (one such site is linked below):

http://watchseries-online.li/category/empire-of-the-tsars-romanov-russia-with-lucy-worsley

Unfortunately, you can't purchase it from the BBC store if you have a US or Canadian IP address. Hopefully, it will be available sometime in the future on PBS.

Thank you for this link. I will watch it online.

Just finished this series - was a little disappointed in that I felt there was a bit too much filming of Lucy & would have preferred more St. Petersburg scenes (JMHO). Other than that, the series was quite interesting & well done. I do love BBC documentaries. :)

• 2 weeks later...

All 3 episodes are available for free on You Tube. Bring up you tube do a search for Empire of the Tsars and voila...worked for me in the United States. Lots of great scenes and help in understanding Leningrad oops Petrograd (no mention of these name changes) I mean St. Petersburg. A little skimpy on Nicky II and also fails to mention the absolutely despicable conduct of the British King, George V who looked like a twin brother in not granting Nicholas asylum (after all, ultimately Nicholas lost his dynasty for supporting the British and French in World War I. But it's still a great series.

MATHA531-

Thanks for posting about it being available on YouTube. We Chromecasted it to our TV and have watched the first hour. We have been to St Pete twice and go again in June. Bought back lots of memories and helped us put history of the Romanov's in perspective. A "must see" for anyone going to St Petersburg.

<<<Karen>>>