Bringing a case of water onboard

artvlay

I was just coming on to ask the same question only for Miami. I only drink water, no bottled water is included with the soda plan, and the other plan is expensive and I won't use the other things that comes with it. Will they allow like 4 or 5 one liter bottles on? I can get more in the island I'm visiting but have 2 sea days and 1 day in Labadee before I get to our first Caribbean port.

Same as every other time this is asked, it's against policy but they don't normally enforce it. No specific trend as to what port or what day other than at spring break you have a higher chance of it being confiscated.

How you bring it on doesn't seem to make a difference either, some carry it on themselves, some put a tag on the case and check it, some check it in a duffle bag.

I remember (nearly) doing this on our Anthem cruise in June for DW. I got the 40+ bottle case at Costco for the cruise...."accidentally" left it in the garage that day and we drove off....best decision ever, because the water on board is just as good if not better....we had two nice water bottles with us anyway.

Edited by johnjen

At the Boston terminal, have they been allowing to bring a case of water onboard? I check it with my luggage.

When we sailed a few years ago from Ft. Lauderdale - a few of us brought a case of water, and put our luggage tag on it. The case showed up in our room without issue. A couple of people put "medicinal purposes" on it as a label too.

I'm going to try and bring a case when we go in 11 days out of Boston... we'll see if it works.

Are there place onboard you can refill a reusable water bottle?

Any where there is a food related venue. Cafeteria or water dispensers in pool areas. Bathroom tap is OK also. All water is the same we get in the dining rooms anyway.. Filtered or distilled.

They do discourage for sanitary purposes , not to use your own bottle at the tap, but pour water into it from a clean glass.

Edited by bananawindnj