Does Disney allow wall clings on the cabin doors?

smores

They don't leave a residue. But don't wanna bring it if it's not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No I do not think so, Magnetic yes, and preferred, they will charge for any mark and dome do not peel off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by DISNEY FANTASY

They don't leave a residue. But don't wanna bring it if it's not allowed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No. From the DCL website:

Prohibited Items

Q:Can I decorate my stateroom door or hang items over the doors?

A:Guests are welcome to place magnetic signs on their stateroom doors. Please note that Concierge rooms on the Disney Dream and Disney Fantasy do not have metal doors.

Guests are prohibited from affixing items to stateroom doors utilizing tape or any adhesive, including removable gel adhesives. We have found that these adhesives damage the finish on the stateroom doors and therefore ask that guests limit door decoration to those of the magnetic variety.

Concurrently, we ask that guests not use over-the-door hanging organizers as they have been found to scratch and/or disfigure stateroom doors and trim.

Guests found with damaged doors are assessed a $100 damage fee per incident to cover the cost of repairs.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/planning-center/my-cruise-plans/faqs/prohibited-items/stateroom-doors-prohibited/

Shmoo got it exactly right. And it is $200 to repaint a door if they determine that you damaged one.

Note--if you move in and discover that a door is scratched (inside or outside), notify your stateroom attendant or Guest Services ASAP. That way, you have documented the damage and it can't be attributed to you.

Gel clings & vinyl are different. The gel is raised and does tend to leave residue, however, vinyl is clear and flat and uses no adhesive. So technically according to the rules you would be OK with vinyl clings.

That being said I stick to using them on windows/ glass doors just in case.

Edited by Woodmnky

• 2 years later...

DO NOT PUT GEL CLINGS ON PAINTED DOORS. THEY STAIN THE PAINT!!

I gave my mother gel clings for Valentine's Day...they were red and pink. She lives in an assisted living facility, but the doors are painted metal doors just like on a cruise ship. After two days the dye in the clings had STAINED the door. Not residue as some folks have mentioned on the forums, but permanently stained the door with pink and red dyes.

My mom was able to remove some of it with acetone (fingernail polish remover), but you risk damaging the paint on the door. You also do NOT want to use Magic Erasers...the finish on these doors are usually an eggshell/satin/semi-gloss finish, and Magic Eraser will scratch the finish and make it dull.

I would recommend not using these on any painted surface...they will damage painted/powder-coated refrigerators, painted doors, furniture, countertops.

My experience...construction professional with experience working in paint at both Home Depot and Lowe's.

They are different but would still fall under 'any adhesive' and this are not allowed under the rules and subject to find.

If it sticks by any form other than magnet or suction, its a no go.

Gel clings & vinyl are different. The gel is raised and does tend to leave residue, however, vinyl is clear and flat and uses no adhesive. So technically according to the rules you would be OK with vinyl clings.

That being said I stick to using them on windows/ glass doors just in case.