Vegetarian options

Pamela1

As no one seems to be responding to your question, I'll jump in.

I am not on the Explorer, but I know the Head Chef Aurelien Dumeylet and have sailed with him several times. He is the current Chef on the Explorer, IMO he is the best Chef on any ship on any cruise line. He is well versed in all vegetarian and vegan meal plans.

There is always some sort of option on the menu. But if you have a specail dietary need, just let the Maître d know as soon as you board. There is one head waiter who is assigned to help you and they will discuss your needs and plan a menu with you every night for the next day.

j

As no one seems to be responding to your question, I'll jump in.

I am not on the Explorer, but I know the Head Chef Aurelien Dumeylet and have sailed with him several times. He is the current Chef on the Explorer, IMO he is the best Chef on any ship on any cruise line. He is well versed in all vegetarian and vegan meal plans.

There is always some sort of option on the menu. But if you have a specail dietary need, just let the Maître d know as soon as you board. There is one head waiter who is assigned to help you and they will discuss your needs and plan a menu with you every night for the next day.

j

Thank you very much, i appreciate the reply and advice.

We found our last cruise on (Navigator) to be a little challenging when it came to veg menu choices.

I'm pretty much a simple eater and for all the wonderful choices there is for others, the vegetarian choices were lacking.

Your Chef sounds amazing!!! hope this will be brought out in all the fleet. Again, many thanks.

Pam.

Pam,

I am not on the Explorer. I was only referring to the ships current Executive (Head) Chef.

As to your Navigator experience, I hope that you left strong comments in your departure review. Unfortunately, Regent has hired (and fired) quite a few new sous chefs in the past year or so, giving the head chefs little to work with which has caused a lot of problems in the kitchen.

j

Edited by JMARINER

Pam, I posted briefly about vegetarian options on the MV blog. My wife, a longtime vegetarian, has always been pleased with her choices aboard Regent ships, and the trend continues on the Explorer (she just nodded in agreement, after taking another bite of her slice of cheese pizza at our table on the Pool Deck). While I was in our room a short while ago, I made note of a couple of current vegetarian restaurant options:

Chartreuse: Poached artichoke with truffled white asparagus custard and fondant potato on watercress sauce with parsnip and beet crisps.

Compass Rose: CR lists a different vegetarian entree each night. Last night's was mild Indian vegetable and bean biryani with three-colored basmati rice and papadums.

I listed the two current Pacific Rim vegetarian entrees on the MV blog, but here are the brief descriptions: ramen noodles and Chiang Mai red vegetable curry.

As for Prime 7, Ginny likes the Harvest Salad (mixed greens, corn, roasted pumpkin, pickled red beats, dried berries, spiced pecans and honey walnut vinaigrette) as well as a plate packed with various sides.

Remember, you always have the option of special ordering if you're hankering, say, for a vegetarian Pad Thai or other dish!

Rich

Edited by Mr Rumor

Thanks JMariner and Rich for providing outstanding replies to Pam's Vegetarian ?.

When dining in CR, most evenings I order one plate of a CR special and one Vegetarian

offering. More often than not the Vegetarian dish is the most tasty. Look forward to sharing our Vegetarian dish delight with Ginny and you on board the Voyager in February Rich. btw, Rich when we are in Saigon, for our second day-- Ida and I signed up yesterday for the Art of Garnish--Vegetable Decoration.