swim on aslaska cruises

This may seem silly..but can you swim on the ship or use the pool area hot tubs? I am on the celebrity Millennium and I saw that the pool area seems to be covered.. I know that going into a hot tub in the cold, for a short time is common in Norway and Iceland. :o

Edited by squeeky336
spell

Hi, squeeky336. Our family has been on two different cruise lines for Alaska cruises in June/July and both ships had all pools and hot tubs open. The indoor pool/solarium area was more popular than the outside pool area. I have also been on an Iceland-Norway Cruise and it was very similar temperatures to the Alaska cruise in July. Hope this helps.

Hi, squeeky336. Our family has been on two different cruise lines for Alaska cruises in June/July and both ships had all pools and hot tubs open. The indoor pool/solarium area was more popular than the outside pool area. I have also been on an Iceland-Norway Cruise and it was very similar temperatures to the Alaska cruise in July. Hope this helps.

thank you so much.. were you on the Millennium? i dont know of that covered pool ares is for all passengers or just suites. Yes i will love to go in the hot tubs.

Celebrity Millennium has two pools, one is covered. There are also hot tubs in both venues. But yes, you could find this out on the Celebrity forum. And I agree...I wouldn't call you a new poster: You have been a member for seven months. that's long enough to learn how to navigate the site. EM

We did Millie to Alaska a few years ago and brought and used swimsuit-I think we all brought 2 suits.

We've done Alaska twice now and the weather has ranged from pouring down rain to bright and sunny. Temps from 55-70 degrees.

A few people briefly used the outdoor pools on a couple days, though we didn't.

We did use the covered pool daily as it was heated and very comfortable. We also used the hot tubs, saunas and spa area.

On one of the glacier days we stood on the deck and FROZE while sailing (though it was totally worth it), but after an hour or so we changed to our suits and went to the sauna. They have huge windows so we got an amazing view of the glacier, while toasting ourselves in the sauna.

Have a great trip-pack your swim suit(s) :)

Celebrity Millennium has two pools, one is covered. There are also hot tubs in both venues. But yes, you could find this out on the Celebrity forum. And I agree...I wouldn't call you a new poster: You have been a member for seven months. that's long enough to learn how to navigate the site. EM

Thank you for the info

i joined the site months ago but never posted or asked questions until reccently.. i just recieved a newsletter and offers for cruises to my regular email.. I have only staarted asking questions recently.. I am learning the site at my own pace.. and i am not that tech savey. It does not matter how new or old a person that wants to talk to ppl here is.. nobody is required to read any posts or answer anyone, if they dont want to.. I think if you cant say soemthig nice dont say nothing at all. :rolleyes:

We did Millie to Alaska a few years ago and brought and used swimsuit-I think we all brought 2 suits.

We've done Alaska twice now and the weather has ranged from pouring down rain to bright and sunny. Temps from 55-70 degrees.

A few people briefly used the outdoor pools on a couple days, though we didn't.

We did use the covered pool daily as it was heated and very comfortable. We also used the hot tubs, saunas and spa area.

On one of the glacier days we stood on the deck and FROZE while sailing (though it was totally worth it), but after an hour or so we changed to our suits and went to the sauna. They have huge windows so we got an amazing view of the glacier, while toasting ourselves in the sauna.

Have a great trip-pack your swim suit(s) :)

very kewl....

ty you so much for the tip..:D

Thank you for the info

i joined the site months ago but never posted or asked questions until reccently.. i just recieved a newsletter and offers for cruises to my regular email.. I have only staarted asking questions recently.. I am learning the site at my own pace.. and i am not that tech savey. It does not matter how new or old a person that wants to talk to ppl here is.. nobody is required to read any posts or answer anyone, if they dont want to.. I think if you cant say soemthig nice dont say nothing at all. :rolleyes:

Essiesmom is right. You will spend less time "spinning your wheels", so to speak, AND you'll get more accurate information, if you post on the boards for your specific cruise (in this case, Celebrity). And, it looks like you actually did find your roll-call thread. If you can find your way back there, you will discover a wealth of information. That's where you meet the folks you'll actually be cruising with. There are usually a couple of folks on any r/c who have sailed that particular ship (and itinerary) before. They won't mind answering all of your questions -- because, that's what a roll-call is for. Have a great cruise -- Millie is a wonderful ship! :)

Rather than repeat suggestions to go to other sites - I will attempt to answer the questions. Millenium has a heated indoor pool, you surely could swim there on an Antarctic cruise. On an Alaska cruise, there may be days when the outside temps will close to 80, so the outdoor pool is also an option. The hot tubs (covered or not) can be used under virtually any conditions - we have used upen deck hot tubs in 40-something degree weather - you just want to make sure you have a robe with you and can get to a door fairly quickly.

Rather than repeat suggestions to go to other sites - I will attempt to answer the questions. Millenium has a heated indoor pool, you surely could swim there on an Antarctic cruise.

Well, not to pick nits, but the the T-pool (heated indoor pool) on any of the Millie-Class ships is not at all conducive to swimming. It's more of a giant mineral water hot tub. As contrasted to the more traditional, rectangular shaped, fresh water pools of the Solstice-Class ships. But, here again -- the Celebrity boards are (IMHO) the best place to find that sort of detail about the facilities on a particular ship. Just my $.02 ...;)

Essiesmom is right. You will spend less time "spinning your wheels", so to speak, AND you'll get more accurate information, if you post on the boards for your specific cruise (in this case, Celebrity). And, it looks like you actually did find your roll-call thread. If you can find your way back there, you will discover a wealth of information. That's where you meet the folks you'll actually be cruising with. There are usually a couple of folks on any r/c who have sailed that particular ship (and itinerary) before. They won't mind answering all of your questions -- because, that's what a roll-call is for. Have a great cruise -- Millie is a wonderful ship! :)

thank you for the advice..but i am doing just fine and not spinning my wheels at all.. I have received a wealth of information from many nice ppl on all the threads i have posted on.. I am on roll calls for both of the cruises i have booked also. Yes I have read many threads and I am still figuring the site out.. you have a nice vacation to . ;)

Rather than repeat suggestions to go to other sites - I will attempt to answer the questions. Millenium has a heated indoor pool, you surely could swim there on an Antarctic cruise. On an Alaska cruise, there may be days when the outside temps will close to 80, so the outdoor pool is also an option. The hot tubs (covered or not) can be used under virtually any conditions - we have used upen deck hot tubs in 40-something degree weather - you just want to make sure you have a robe with you and can get to a door fairly quickly.

thank you Navy bankerteacher for the good tip. I appreciate your good manners and not repeating the Paul Parrots also. ;)

Edited by squeeky336