Ventura Epicurean Restaurant and kids?

Big Stevie

We are wanting to dine in the Epicurean restaurant on the Ventura and was wondering if children are allowed?

We have an 8yr old son and to be honest the food will be wasted on him, and he might not even like it, but I recall reading that kids can dine with the kids club (Surfers), so maybe thats an option on the night we visit the Epicurean? Not even sure when the Surfers Club closes?

Any other suggestions welcome.

Edited by Big Stevie

We are wanting to dine in the Epicurean restaurant on the Ventura and was wondering if children are allowed?

We have an 8yr old son and to be honest the food will be wasted on him, and he might not even like it, but I recall reading that kids can dine with the kids club (Surfers), so maybe thats an option on the night we visit the Epicurean? Not even sure when the Surfers Club closes?

Any other suggestions welcome.

I would suggest that the children eat first and then go to club. Club is closed between 5pm and 6pm. There is a kids tea in the buffet you can take them to or order room service. The children can then go to club and you can enjoy a romantic dinner for two. We ate at Sindhu and Epicurian on Britannia and both times the children had room service (pizza was a hit with Emily), then we took them to club before going out to dine together. The children saw room service as a real treat so everyone had a special dinner.

There is a childrens tea served in a section of the self service at around 5pm. Most of the kids in the kids club will go in their age groups. For the menu scroll down to the bottom of this link

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu

The kids clubs stay open until late evening. They usually put a DVD on later so most fall asleep, or something similar.

As you say, a visit by an 8year old to the Epicurian would be waste of time and money

Brian

It called the Epicurean on my P&O personaliser. Thanks for the replies, I think I shall book a table for the evening of our Monte Carlo visit, after a day walking past the very expensive shops & restaurants it will be nice to have a posh meal onboard.

Edit - just discovered we you have to pay at £56 charge at time of booking, I was wanting to use our OBC so looks like we will have to wait until we board.

Edited by Big Stevie

I upgraded on Oceana to the speciality dining room, it is permitted. The charge may well be flat rate all ages for these restaurants to discourage this. I am pretty certain you will be allowed in however you need to be certain youngsters are going to behave very well, mine did at the time. She was twenty four months old and had a high chair and in all respects behaved perfectly. The only problem I noticed was that the waiters had children her age and discussed them at length with my wife. Service was a bit slow for many but at one point I counted five waiters around our table mainly serving my little girl with juices and anything she wanted and generally fussing her while the other diners seemed to be looking at us despite my not being famous.

Regards John

Edited by john watson