Oceana Beach House

Triplalot

I am considering booking some Select dining venues for our cruise in July and noticed that they are taking reservations (Cruise Personaliser) for the Beach House which doesn't appear on the dining options on the P&O website. Is this a new addition? Please can anybody tell me where the Beach House is situated and is it a good option for a change from the MDR? We will also probably make reservations for Cafe Jardin and the Horizon Grill too. Would welcome your comments. :)

On Aurora, the Beach House replaced the Horizon Grill so I assume the same will be happening on Oceana. I don't know when the changeover will happen though. The deck plans for 2015 show the Horizon Grill and those for 2016 show the Beach House in the same location at the rear of the Plaza.

Brian

Edited by BrianI

I think someone's told me that they are turning part of the Horizon Grill into the Beach House. I may be completely wrong but it may explain why there are both :confused:

Definitely both show in the personaliser and are both in my Shopping Basket waiting for me to decide to book. I quite like outdoor eating in good weather and it would be nice to have both options. Also closer to the smoking area by the Pennant Bar so my husband can sneak away quietly for a quick cigar !

The horizon grill is an outdoor eating area with a canopy which moves into about a third of the Plaza buffet on the starboard side during bad weather. They could have this third of the buffet permanently dedicated to the Beach house concept but what happens to the Horizon grill in bad weather?

Very interesting. I have just rechecked my personaliser for 1st July and both restaurants still show, however I imagine this is probably a mistake, or maybe they will use the same area for both restaurants during the transition. Could be confusing :)

The original beach house concept is not a steak restaurant as such so by moving the food preparation into the buffet galley they could offer all the beach house dishes plus steaks? As they are losing the Horizon Grill maybe they will have pre booking in the same way as Aurora?

Yes they are offering pre booking in the personaliser. I like the idea of the Beach House since it is more informal, only 3 courses and most importantly not the buffet! When I'm on holiday I prefer table service :)

I think that the switch happens in the middle of our cruise so I have booked the Horizon Grill in the first week and the Beach House in the second. I may be wrong but will report back afterwards :)