23Kg luggage allowance on flight?

Southendweather

Hi Southendweather, usually your flight itinerary will tell you how many bags you are allowed with your weight allowance. My current flight only allows 20kg in one bag. I think most airlines are probably the same, but check on your itinerary. Remember you won't really be carrying the bag anyway. If it's not a case with wheels, you can get a trolley as soon as you get to the airport. :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi Southendweather, usually your flight itinerary will tell you how many bags you are allowed with your weight allowance. My current flight only allows 20kg in one bag. I think most airlines are probably the same, but check on your itinerary. Remember you won't really be carrying the bag anyway. If it's not a case with wheels, you can get a trolley as soon as you get to the airport. :)

Thanks Tracy,

All it say's is, "Luggage: Maximum weight 23kg. Hand Luggage: 1 1 peice, max weight 5kg, 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.

I rang Thomson as we are on a dreamliner and she sort of confirmed you could have two as long as together the didn't go over 23kg. Between the two of us we want to take 3 bags, just hope this doesn't cause confusion, as our thinking was that as long as the three bags don't go over 46kg we are within our limit.

P&O's website only state that the 23kg limit is for the H&S of their staff (lifting limit).

Keith (Southend)

I don't know what airline you're traveling with, whether you're going economy or business or if you have some type of preferred client class but for Air Canada economy within North America the weight limit refers to one bag, not two or three. So, distributing the 23 kg or so from one to two (or three) bags will mean lighter bags but additional checked luggage fees.... let alone the difficulty of wheeling or carrying more than one bag around.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

As others have stated, it will depend on who you are flying with. Here is what is posted on the P&O website for Thomas Cook flying to Caribbean :

Economy: 23kg per person. Thomas Cook will accept a maximum of 3 bags, but the combined weight must not exceed 23kgs.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/flights/baggage_allowance

As others have stated, it will depend on who you are flying with. Here is what is posted on the P&O website for Thomas Cook flying to Caribbean :

Economy: 23kg per person. Thomas Cook will accept a maximum of 3 bags, but the combined weight must not exceed 23kgs.

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/flights/baggage_allowance

Ah thanks for that link. We are on a Thomson charter (dreamliner) and it states on the P&O site you linked to the following:

Thomson Airways (Fly-Caribbean)

Economy: 23kg per person. Thomson Airways will accept multiple bags, but the combined weight must not exceed 23kgs.

Just the answer I wanted.

Thank you and under three weeks to go :)

Keith (Southend)

MOST airlines charge per bag, not by the weight (unless it's overweight). If you're allowed 23kgs, it a PER bag weight. That's a MAX not a minimum. If you get 1 free bag, for example, and you decide to split the weight over 2 bags, they will charge you for an extra bag. That could be anywhere from $25 to $200 on some airlines. You'd be better off getting help to lift and getting bags with four wheels, which are easier to manipulate. Good luck.

MOST airlines charge per bag, not by the weight (unless it's overweight). If you're allowed 23kgs, it a PER bag weight. That's a MAX not a minimum. If you get 1 free bag, for example, and you decide to split the weight over 2 bags, they will charge you for an extra bag. That could be anywhere from $25 to $200 on some airlines. You'd be better off getting help to lift and getting bags with four wheels, which are easier to manipulate. Good luck.

The question was posted in the P&O Cruises (UK) section of the forums so it is relevant to view the information on the P&O Cruises website. Although your comment is correct about MOST airlines, it is not relevant within the context of fly-cruise airlines leaving the UK for P&O.