Cabin Sizes and other questions

uilleann

We are doing long range planning for a Queen Victoria Cunard cruise, our first on Cunard. I was looking at the balcony rooms and have a few questions:

1. Are there variations in cabin size within the balcony rooms?

2. I am traveling with my e other brothers and their wives. It is possible that one will be in a princess grill, another in a club balcony, one on a balcony, and one in an oceanview. If we want to eat our dinners together, what are the options.

3. Are there any resources, other than cruise critic, that rate the good cabins and not so good (like noisy or obstructed view).

Thanks

we are doing long range planning for a queen victoria cunard cruise, our first on cunard. I was looking at the balcony rooms and have a few questions:

1. Are there variations in cabin size within the balcony rooms? yes cabins and balconies vary in size

2. I am traveling with my e other brothers and their wives. It is possible that one will be in a princess grill, another in a club balcony, one on a balcony, and one in an oceanview. If we want to eat our dinners together, what are the options. that depends on what they book. When they all have their booking numbers. Call cunard or your ta and have all them all linked together.

3. Are there any resources, other than cruise critic, that rate the good cabins and not so good (like noisy or obstructed view).

there others sites that will give some of this info.

thanks

fyi

The people in the regular balcony and oceanview cannot eat in the Princess Grill or Club dining room. You can likely make arrangements for the Grill and Club guests to eat in the Britannia dining room (but what a waste because one of the main things you pay so much extra for is the exclusive dining rooms). You can, of course, all eat together in the Lido.

Almost all of the Britannia balcony staterooms are the same size (except for the accessible ones). Balconies vary especially on deck 4 where they are slightly bigger and on the "corners".

I had a deck 8 Britannia Club balcony on QE and it was somewhat noisy because it was under the pool deck. Even though it was January and we were crossing the Atlantic, it seemed that the crew cleaned and moved furniture every day.

I have been thinking more about your stateroom question and wanted to add that if you decided to all eat in the Britannia dining room, please discourage the couple from booking Britannia Club. In truth, the only real advantage of BC is the separate, smaller dining room where you don't have a fixed dining time. The BC staterooms are exactly like Britannia staterooms - same size, same balcony size. In fact, some of the staterooms on deck 8 that are right now Britannia staterooms on QV will be renamed Britannia Club after the June drydock.

I have been thinking more about your stateroom question and wanted to add that if you decided to all eat in the Britannia dining room, please discourage the couple from booking Britannia Club. In truth, the only real advantage of BC is the separate, smaller dining room where you don't have a fixed dining time. The BC staterooms are exactly like Britannia staterooms - same size, same balcony size. In fact, some of the staterooms on deck 8 that are right now Britannia staterooms on QV will be renamed Britannia Club after the June drydock.

Hi,

Just to clarify. Queen Victoria's dry dock for the refit is in May, not June.

4th June - Amsterdam & Belgium

8th June - Canaries

22nd June - Mediterranean until November