How often do they show movies on QM2?

BoiiMcFly

I hear they show movies in Illuminations, how often do they play them in the theater? Is it a daily thing or only on specific days? Also, is there a magic show on QM2? TIA.

I can't speak for world voyage segments or other port-intensive voyages, but on QM2 transatlantic crossings, movies are shown most days in Illuminations. The typical schedule for crossings is for movies to be shown at 5:00pm, 8:00pm, and 10:30pm. Usually it's the same movie shown at all three of those show times on any given day, but occasionally they mix it up with one of those time slots showing a different movie from the other two. Occasionally other events are scheduled for Illuminations which preempt the movies. This is especially true of themed voyages just as the "Jazz at Sea" crossings where Illuminations might be used for some of the themed performances some evenings.

There could be a magic show scheduled for one of the evening's shows in the Royal Court Theatre, but there is none that is regularly scheduled as far as I know. More typically the shows in the theatre are singers, dancers, musicians, and comedians.

Regards,

John

I can't speak for world voyage segments or other port-intensive voyages, but on QM2 transatlantic crossings, movies are shown most days in Illuminations. The typical schedule for crossings is for movies to be shown at 5:00pm, 8:00pm, and 10:30pm. Usually it's the same movie shown at all three of those show times on any given day, but occasionally they mix it up with one of those time slots showing a different movie from the other two. Occasionally other events are scheduled for Illuminations which preempt the movies. This is especially true of themed voyages just as the "Jazz at Sea" crossings where Illuminations might be used for some of the themed performances some evenings.

There could be a magic show scheduled for one of the evening's shows in the Royal Court Theatre, but there is none that is regularly scheduled as far as I know. More typically the shows in the theatre are singers, dancers, musicians, and comedians.

Regards,

John

Thanks John!

Regards,

John

I hope there isn't on our cruise. I loathe the magic shows put on by some cruise lines. It is basically impossible to see what's happening if you are not sitting right near the front and they have a really annoying habit of grabbing audience members to make fools of themselves on stage. When they are part of the entertainment I make sure I never go - plenty more things to do on board :)

After studying the daily programmes from our last three crossings, I see these entertainers were featured performers in the Royal Court Theatre during those crossings.

"A World Champion of Magic, Marc Oberon" (7 August 2016)

"Comedy Magician, Circus Artist and Mind Reader, Nathaniel Rankin" (31 July 2016)

"Mind Reader, Marc Paul" (1 November 2015)

It would appear that magic or magic-related acts may be more common on Cunard than I had indicated in my previous reply. Perhaps good news for BoiiMcFly and not so good news for Aussieflyer.

Regards,

John

After studying the daily programmes from our last three crossings, I see these entertainers were featured performers in the Royal Court Theatre during those crossings.

"A World Champion of Magic, Marc Oberon" (7 August 2016)

"Comedy Magician, Circus Artist and Mind Reader, Nathaniel Rankin" (31 July 2016)

"Mind Reader, Marc Paul" (1 November 2015)

It would appear that magic or magic-related acts may be more common on Cunard than I had indicated in my previous reply. Perhaps good news for BoiiMcFly and not so good news for Aussieflyer.

Regards,

John

Oh no, gnashing of teeth :eek: