P o Acadia Norwegien Fjords ? New poster

Tikka234

Hello this is my first post, have been looking for awhile. We are first time cruisers

I am looking at booking an Norwegian Fjords cruise, most suitable date is 30July which is the Acradia which I have read mixed reviews, we are a couple age 60 .

I want balcony rooms all I can get is D Deck either mid ship or mid aft there were also a few at the back of A deck.

Being first time cruisers thinking mid deck would be best.

Looking at the ship plans D Deck is above the life boats would this put you off?

Also the rooms look quite small compared to other Decks,

Do they all have sofas? As it describes a deluxe balcony in accommodation descriptions as having a sofa,

On the mid deck ones it has symbol for single sofa bed, so would it just be a single sofa?

Any advice ?

I keep thinking go ahead and book I have always wanted to try a cruise and the Norwegien fjords looks stunning.

Thank you looking forward to hearing from some of you

It is true that the balconies on D deck are smaller than those above. The mid-cabins themselves are quite spacious and it is a double settee.

Being over the lifeboats is not a problem. Personally I would go for mid-D rather than aft A, you are in a good spot for easy access to the entertainment decks.

A fjords cruise is a good choice for a first cruise and Arcadia is a nice ship.

All the balcony cabins on Arcadia are the same size. They are all called deluxe balconies and are the biggest standard cabins in the P&O fleet. All the balconies are also a good size again bigger than on other ships

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is true that the balconies on D deck are smaller than those above. The mid-cabins themselves are quite spacious and it is a double settee.

Being over the lifeboats is not a problem. Personally I would go for mid-D rather than aft A, you are in a good spot for easy access to the entertainment decks.

A fjords cruise is a good choice for a first cruise and Arcadia is a nice ship.

Thanks that's very helpfull

Arcadia to the Fjords was out first ever cruise last Sept. We LOVED it.Had an awesome week.

We now have a 15nigh TA booked with Princess in Sept and a 14night Caribbean cruise on Brittania in Jan 18!!

Thanks are there any excursions that are a must, did you book them with p o

Thanks are there any excursions that are a must, did you book them with p o

We didnt book any excursions at all.

We didnt get off in Bergen - it was peeing down so we didnt go out:(

Flam - as it wasnt height of summer we just walked up to the train station and booked our tickets. As we hadn't planned to do the train I hadn't done my research. I wished I had...

if you're fit enough get the train to the top and cycle back down (Take a packed lunch made over breakfast ;)). We did the train both ways and i would have loved to have pootled down on a bike! I think you can hire them at the top.

At Olden we just wandered up into the valley and had a great 4-5hrs walking.

At Stavanger we went to the Petroleum museum - it was OK. Glad I did it but not something we'd return to.

There are lots and lots of excursions you can do but we were happy just doing our own thing.

Make sure you take some snacks and drink with you - its VERY expensive to buy anything.