Regal Princess Santuary

vdimerc

Hello,

My wife and I are booked for Regal Princess March 5th out of Ft Lauderdale. After we booked I needed fairly emergent knee surgery. I'm about 50% back to full weight bearing. I am really interested in booking the Santuary for the three "at sea" days, primarily to avoid being inadvertently bumped in the knee around the other sun decks. However, Princess says first come-first serve. My wife stated our flight arrives in Ft Lauderdale 45 mins after the ship boarding commences. Anyone have suggestions on securing two lounge chairs in Santuary given our relatively late flight arrival?

Sincerely appreciate any advice.

Thank you.

Vince and Pam

All I can say is good luck!!!

we just got off the Regal on 2-12 and we boarded about 1pm and went straight there and we were told everything was sold out!!! Guess you need to be B2B to get a spot...

it does look nice, but it really isn't necessary...

we found the stern area was very quiet and shady too...:cool:

We were on the Regal for 2 weeks recently Jan 29 to Feb 12. For the first week we got Sanctuary for 3 port days. Had better luck for the 2nd week. As things progress during the week, the Sanctuary manager may be able to get you a chair on certain days if things happen ( cancellations etc). If you don't get them at first, I suggest that your DW checks every late afternoon or morning ( to save you the walk there). I understand your worries about your knee and wish you a good and speedy recovery. Contrary to some other princess ships, we found some wonderfully comfortable lounge chairs with a cushion and a little bend at the knee ( forgot the name of these great traditional cruise chairs) on the promenade deck. It was not crowed at all, but I do not know how you could be sure to get one on a sea day. We always found some but maybe we went at odd times, and were never there for a full day. I hope you can get a place in Sanctuary, we really enjoy it and I am sure your knee will too ! On our cruise the Sanctuary manager ( do not know the exact title) was an Italian gentleman named Luigi. He was very nice and did his beat to accomodate passengers. Have a great cruise !

Hello,

My wife and I are booked for Regal Princess March 5th out of Ft Lauderdale. After we booked I needed fairly emergent knee surgery. I'm about 50% back to full weight bearing. I am really interested in booking the Santuary for the three "at sea" days, primarily to avoid being inadvertently bumped in the knee around the other sun decks. However, Princess says first come-first serve. My wife stated our flight arrives in Ft Lauderdale 45 mins after the ship boarding commences. Anyone have suggestions on securing two lounge chairs in Santuary given our relatively late flight arrival?

Thank you.

Vince and Pam

Pretty much you need to get up to the sanctuary once you board. It fills quickly. You should find space. We did & we didn't get up there for a few hours. We like to book for sea days. They have these 2 top notch cabanas. They're ONLY $3000/day

. I'm sure Pam thinks you're worth it! Massage & top food come with it.

We were on the Regal for 2 weeks recently Jan 29 to Feb 12. For the first week we got Sanctuary for 3 port days. Had better luck for the 2nd week. As things progress during the week, the Sanctuary manager may be able to get you a chair on certain days if things happen ( cancellations etc). If you don't get them at first, I suggest that your DW checks every late afternoon or morning ( to save you the walk there). I understand your worries about your knee and wish you a good and speedy recovery. Contrary to some other princess ships, we found some wonderfully comfortable lounge chairs with a cushion and a little bend at the knee ( forgot the name of these great traditional cruise chairs) on the promenade deck. It was not crowed at all, but I do not know how you could be sure to get one on a sea day. We always found some but maybe we went at odd times, and were never there for a full day. I hope you can get a place in Sanctuary, we really enjoy it and I am sure your knee will too ! On our cruise the Sanctuary manager ( do not know the exact title) was an Italian gentleman named Luigi. He was very nice and did his beat to accomodate passengers. Have a great cruise !

Thank you for your response. I am now requesting my daughter and her friend sprint to the Sanctuary upon boarding the ship. I understand it is forward on deck 17. However, I have read there is a peculiar midship stairwell-not going to the top deck. Any advice on the most efficient path for us to take to the sanctuary to increase our chances of securing 2 lounges?

Thank you

Vince and Pam

Thank you for your response. I am now requesting my daughter and her friend sprint to the Sanctuary upon boarding the ship. I understand it is forward on deck 17. However, I have read there is a peculiar midship stairwell-not going to the top deck. Any advice on the most efficient path for us to take to the sanctuary to increase our chances of securing 2 lounges?

Thank you

Vince and Pam

Take the midship elevator to lido deck on 16walk toward the forward. Then head to the stairs on the other side of the fountain/pool and go up one deck to 17. Walk all they way forward. Entrance on the right side.

Be sure to check out the Enclave too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Once again, thank you to all the responses.

I am asking my daughter-who still has two good knees-to sprint with her girlfriend to the Sanctuary upon stepping on the ship. I understand it's forward deck 17. I have read the midship elevators/stairs are somewhat atypical. So, can anyone provide an efficient strategic path to the Sanctuary from the typical embarkation site on the Regal.

Based on responses to my initial post, it sounds like the Santuary can fill very quickly. Therefore, my wife and I are resorting to youth, speed and possibly bribery (daughter).

Thank you in advance to any responders.

Thank you

Vince and Pam

We found the fastest and least congested/complicated way was to go down the hall towards the lotus spa on deck 5, hang a right at the entrance to the forward stairs and elevators - grab elevator right up to deck 17 where you are plopped out right in front of the entrance to the Retreat pool and Sanctuary....good luck! [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm wondering if the OP's daughter would be allowed to reserve in the OP's name but using her cruise card? Or after they all embark daughter will need to have OP's cruise card to make the reservation. Also, you need to choose a specific area. That Sanctuary is huge. Since OP is arriving to the ship so late, it will be very challenging. OP, I am on your sailing and most likely will board early. I would be happy to help, but unfortunately, they want payment right then, therefore, I can't help Maybe someone else has a better idea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We found the fastest and least congested/complicated way was to go down the hall towards the lotus spa on deck 5, hang a right at the entrance to the forward stairs and elevators - grab elevator right up to deck 17 where you are plopped out right in front of the entrance to the Retreat pool and Sanctuary....good luck! [emoji4]

I agree. From any deck where your cabin is, just take the FWD elevator.

I'm wondering if the OP's daughter would be allowed to reserve in the OP's name but using her cruise card? Or after they all embark daughter will need to have OP's cruise card to make the reservation. Also, you need to choose a specific area. That Sanctuary is huge. Since OP is arriving to the ship so late, it will be very challenging. OP, I am on your sailing and most likely will board early. I would be happy to help, but unfortunately, they want payment right then, therefore, I can't help Maybe someone else has a better idea?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4cats4me,

Thank you for your response.

Could you please email me and we could discuss further?

vdimerc@aol.com

Vince and Pam

• 2 weeks later...
Hello,

Thank you.

Vince and Pam

Did you make it into the sanctuary? Hope you enjoyed your cruise!