Crystal policy when half your itinerary has to change in the middle of the cruise

JohnKen3

The Mozart is the largest/heaviest boat in Europe so the downside is being more susceptible the low water levels. The upside is space. We have never felt the boat was busy or crowded despite the fact that all the rooms are occupied.

It is going to be interesting to see how she fares over a full season, especially if she is more susceptible to water level issues than the Viking Longboats...

It is good that Crystal are handling the impact well by all accounts, but it is not going to be ideal if they have to do this while other lines are still sailing...

It is going to be interesting to see how she fares over a full season, especially if she is more susceptible to water level issues than the Viking Longboats...

It is good that Crystal are handling the impact well by all accounts, but it is not going to be ideal if they have to do this while other lines are still sailing...

According to the Marine Traffic website, other cruise ships did make it to Budapest while Mozart was docked in Vienna. Inability to sail while other ships are moving will be a major disadvantage to Crystal.

I am a Crystal regular so the cruise credit is useful.

JohnKen - on a slightly different path here, but as a Crystal regular I thought you might know the answer to this question: Crystal Society credits - do you only earn them on ocean trips or does the river voyage count as well?

The reason I'm asking is that my wife and I are frequent Regent cruisers but we really want to try Crystal River, and one or two of Crystal's ocean itineraries looked interesting...wondered if we'd get 'Crystal credit' for our upcoming river trip...wasn't able to find a definitive answer on their website.

Thanks!

How do I become a Member?

You automatically become a Member of Crystal Society[emoji768] when you complete your first full revenue Crystal cruise. There is no cost and your membership is permanent. Your cruise must be 7 days or longer to receive a cruise credit for your sailing.

I have always assumed that river cruises are no different to ocean cruises. All river cruises are 7 days or longer, so no issues in complying with the requirement there. Nothing mentioned on the Crystal Society webpage that distinguishes between river cruises from ocean cruises.

The river cruise also has a Crystal Society party where the top Crystal repeat cruises are announced. Top cruiser on my holiday river cruise was only 31 voyages, compared to the 400+ voyages on the Crystal Serenity. So it is definitely the same scheme.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

JohnKen - on a slightly different path here, but as a Crystal regular I thought you might know the answer to this question: Crystal Society credits - do you only earn them on ocean trips or does the river voyage count as well?

Hello UUNetBill,

Good News ! Whether you sail on River, Ocean, or Yacht Voyages, you earn the same Crystal Society credits.

Hope this is helpful. Have a wonderful voyage !