Alaska?

Cuervosar

Alaska is not in the current repertoire for MSC, any thoughts out there on if it should be, could be, would be?

With the four Meraviglia class ships on the way, it would seem that they would have the capacity to put one out there for the summer season.

On the other hand, the Alaska trip seems a very American thing to do, so maybe not their market. (Now I'm going to check a few other websites like P&O, and AIDA to see if they do this...)

I was just daydreaming and the thought of glacier watching from the Yacht Club became very interesting.

Alaska is not in the current repertoire for MSC, any thoughts out there on if it should be, could be, would be?

With the four Meraviglia class ships on the way, it would seem that they would have the capacity to put one out there for the summer season.

On the other hand, the Alaska trip seems a very American thing to do, so maybe not their market. (Now I'm going to check a few other websites like P&O, and AIDA to see if they do this...)

I was just daydreaming and the thought of glacier watching from the Yacht Club became very interesting.

Alaska is not in the brochure which goes until May 2019.

Interestingly Seaview, (the 2nd seaside class ship) will be in South America in winter 2018-2019 leaving Genoa on November 18 2018 and returning to GENOA ON April 14 2019

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Try Princess.

When we sailed the Divina last May, we were told Alaska was in the plans for the future. We just returned from our 2nd Divina cruise and were told Alaska will be a Divina itinerary in the future with sailings out of Vancouver or Seattle. I don't remember which or when it would start but they definitely confirmed she would be sailing itineraries to Alaska in the future.

I would hope if they decide to do Alaska that they do it with a smaller ship. Not knowing the layouts of the smaller ships, I don't think the Divina has enough outside viewing areas for guests not in balconies to enjoy Alaska. There is that nice promenade on deck 7, except you can't see through the lifeboats...EM

Thanks for the opinions, and yes if I were to do Alaska in the next few years it would probably be with Princess, although X might get some consideration too.

My post was more of a thought experiment than anything, I haven't done Alaska yet, for some reason or another.

I did 5 minutes of research, and I was actually a bit shocked to see how few lines actually go there. Carnival Corp has obviously made it a major investment, with Princess showing far more sailings than anybody else. RCL, X & Norwegian show up, but my WAG would say that between Princess, Holland, & the odd Carny boat it looks like they are controlling a vast majority of the traffic up there.

Silversea, Oceana, Seaborn, & Disney also show up, but these are small potatoes in comparison.

I'd be tempted to take Disney just to see if they do anything different, and I don't have kids and don't much like them either!

Seems like there could be some business there for MSC, but it would be just a speck compared to everything else they are doing. We'll see....

Alaska is not in the brochure which goes until May 2019.

Interestingly Seaview, (the 2nd seaside class ship) will be in South America in winter 2018-2019 leaving Genoa on November 18 2018 and returning to GENOA ON April 14 2019

Pete

I'm going to be looking hard at that South America Trip. It's pretty high on the "to do" list, and if Seaside is well done, that may be a no brainer.