Boarding Times??

kealalani

• 2 weeks later...

When we went on the Divina for Christmas our papers said boarding at 4 pm but we also had to be out of the hotel at 11 so we thought we would head to the port and wait there. When our turn came to check in everything went smoothly, the papers we were given stated that our boarding time had been bumped up to 12 noon, which we did not know. I use a cane so was offered a shorter line so the whole process took 1 hour and we were on the ship 😊

That's good to know! We'll most likely be taking a red-eye flight and land in Miami early morning the day of the boarding. Our plan was to head straight to the port.

On a different note, do you think a departure flight of 10am out of Ft. Lauderdale would be doable after the cruise? Thank you in advance!

That's good to know! We'll most likely be taking a red-eye flight and land in Miami early morning the day of the boarding. Our plan was to head straight to the port.

On a different note, do you think a departure flight of 10am out of Ft. Lauderdale would be doable after the cruise? Thank you in advance!

No. There is nothing fast about getting off the ship, through customs, etc. then there is the expensive taxi ride to get to FLL, which is a 45 min. drive. Perhaps uber is cheaper. How long before departure do you have to be at the gate? Way too tight. I'd be nervious about 10am out of MIA. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Yes I agree a 10 am flight is way too tight. We had a 1 pm flight out of Miami and just had time for a sandwich & drink before they started boarding

We have flown out of FLL between 10 and 11am for years and never once had a problem. This cruise, ending pm 1/30 we have a 10am flight. Worse case we do self disembark and shlep our bags down to the pier. Taxi's are plentiful and its only 5 minutes to the airport (2.3 miles)

Guess its risky but we've never been burned (yet).

Edited by PoppyandNana

No. There is nothing fast about getting off the ship, through customs, etc. then there is the expensive taxi ride to get to FLL, which is a 45 min. drive. Perhaps uber is cheaper. How long before departure do you have to be at the gate? Way too tight. I'd be nervious about 10am out of MIA. EM

Think you have your airports mixed up. Its only five minutes (2.3 miles) from the cruise pier to FLL airport. And, it not expensive, around ten-15 bucks.

Edited by PoppyandNana

We have flown out of FLL between 10 and 11am for years and never once had a problem. This cruise, ending pm 1/30 we have a 10am flight. Worse case we do self disembark and shlep our bags down to the pier. Taxi's are plentiful and its only 5 minutes to the airport (2.3 miles)

The divina docks in miami so i believe they are traveling from POM to FLL. 10am flight would panic me!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Think you have your airports mixed up. Its only five minutes (2.3 miles) from the cruise pier to FLL airport. And, it not expensive, around ten-15 bucks.

No, it's you that have your ports/airports mixed up. They are sailing from/into Miami, and flying from FLL. EM

Oh, I didn't know Msc allowed easy walk off, good to know, thanks!

Oh, I didn't know Msc allowed easy walk off, good to know, thanks!

Sorry, talking about celebrity. Good deal if you are fit and able to handle your bags down elevators and through thru the warehouse. You simply walk off as soon as the ship is cleared. Grab a cab and in five minutes you are at the airport.

We got to the port today at 12 noon and with our black card we were boarded within about 15 minutes. I don't know if it has already been mentioned but the Garden Bar is now adults only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We got to the port today at 12 noon and with our black card we were boarded within about 15 minutes. I don't know if it has already been mentioned but the Garden Bar is now adults only.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

How about the Garden Pool? Is it adults only too?