Monte Carlo, Monaco - ship's arrival

Gypsy025

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has recently arrived, on Seabourn, at the port of Monte Carlo. The scheduled arrival time of a future cruise indicates 7:00 AM.

1) What time did the first guests begin to disembark?

2) Were taxis available on the pier at that time and if so were they in decent number?

3) If anyone took the train from Monte Carlo's rail station.....How long did the taxi take? Were there many stairs to navigate at the station?

In my experience there are not a lot of taxis available at the Monte Carlo port. I usually book a car service to be sure. Disembarkation typically starts as soon as the ship is cleared.

Same advice from us - book a transfer service. I believe that ordinary taxis are not allowed to come into the port and wait. They have to be pre booked.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Would appreciate hearing from anyone who has recently arrived, on Seabourn, at the port of Monte Carlo. The scheduled arrival time of a future cruise indicates 7:00 AM.]

We arrived there in November. We were on own and staying in Monaco but we watched the disembarkation process from our balcony. As soon as the gangway was in place, the 1st guests disembarked.

It appeared these must have been those with flights or priority because SB had their names posted on the wall opposite the ship and their bags neatly next to it.

We were told we could disembark at our choosing and we got off around 9:15 or so. We immediately got a taxi. There were 4 or 5 available...however, in previous years we have waited 10 to 15 mins in a taxi queue. Hope this helps ...but, let me know if you have any other questions .

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by rayjames7

Thank you rayjames7 for your reply......

We had arranged with a limo service to take us from the ship to the train station hoping to take the 8:23 AM train to Milan with connections to Lake Garda.

However, we are now having second thoughts of our post cruise adventure, because of the handing of our baggage on/off the trains. Despite our best intentions, we feel that we simply can't do the trip with roll-aboards.

Northern Italy will have to wait for another time.

Thank you rayjames7 for your reply......

We had arranged with a limo service to take us from the ship to the train station hoping to take the 8:23 AM train to Milan with connections to Lake Garda.

However, we are now having second thoughts of our post cruise adventure, because of the handing of our baggage on/off the trains. Despite our best intentions, we feel that we simply can't do the trip with roll-aboards.

Northern Italy will have to wait for another time.

When we got off the Odyssey in Venice we got the train to Milan and then taxi to Bellagio, Lake Como and the stations were a problem with the large cases. Some stations in Italy are stairs only.