Photo packages

alyssazoll

Considering buying the 10 photo package for $149...good or bad deal? How much are the pictures if you only want a few? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I believe that the regular "portrait" photos are $ 24,99, the smaller photos from the pier in various ports and from special events on board are cheaper ($14,99 - 19,99). The photo package is also available for purchase on board, so I always ask them to put the photos I might be interesting in in a folder behind the counter at the photo gallery (instead of having to remember where or "my" photos are displayed on a wall with thousands of other photos), and then at the end of the cruise I decide if I just want a few photos or a number that qualifies for a package price (I just do the math then, to find out what suits me best).

The 10 pix package is priced the same on the ship and if someone has Platinum status can pay for/charge it - they can ask & should (we did that several times) get 25% off - can't do that prepaid by ordering it in advance ... even someone with Gold status get a discount.

Besides, you might not have 10 pix that you liked & really wanted to buy as the package. On the *Away ships, you sometimes have to look for & flag down the photographers while eating in the MDR and/or Specialty ... if they come around during your meal services, to take some pix for you/your group. The newer binder systems are in use and that's better, without accidently getting other's fingerprints as smudges onto those images.

I'm not sure those custom/studio portrait pictures are included & qualified for being included in the package pricing, please check. Also, photo shops have discretionary authorities onboard in doing things ... go early in the week & ask, speak to them when they aren't busy - the mad rush on that last sea day is crazy with long lines, don't wait till then to "let's make a deal". Ask and the worst thing is getting a "no" anwer - well, then - maybe no sales for them, either & walk away. Always bring along that smartphone ... cameras are very good to excellent these days, mine is. Good luck !

Edited by mking8288

Is this 10 photo package the same that came with the Value Package when I booked? I think the package ended last Sunday but I supposedly have with that booking, at no charge:

Internet package - 100 minutes

$50 slot play

Photo - ten standard photos per cabin

Unlimited Phone Calls (I think between cabins, which I didn't know they charged anyways)

When I booked, I didn't even know this Value pack was being offered, they told me after the fact. I'm thinking "Standard photos" are the smaller ones, not the 8 X 10's?

Is this 10 photo package the same that came with the Value Package when I booked? I think the package ended last Sunday but I supposedly have with that booking, at no charge:

$50 slot play

Unlimited Phone Calls (I think between cabins, which I didn't know they charged anyways)

When I booked, I didn't even know this Value pack was being offered, they told me after the fact. I'm thinking "Standard photos" are the smaller ones, not the 8 X 10's?

Good question on what is NCL's definition of "Standard photos" ?? , don't have an answer - but I am sure if you logged into your NCL account, you will also see this online offer -

Here are the details for others -

Any 10 Photos - Book online and receive 1 bonus print.

We've made it easy for you to get more of your vacation memories with three great value Photo Packages saving you $70, $200 or $350 USD! Choose from any 6x8 or 8x10 event. Available in 10, 20 or 30 Photo Package options, plus receive extra bonus prints when you book online.

Photo Packages are per cabin and non-refundable. Offer may not be combined with any other offer and is not transferable between ships or cruises. Photo Packages cannot be redeemed for Weddings, Special Events or at the Perspectives Photography Studio.

That gangway/embarkation photo last year was priced at $24.99 (was $19.99 in 2015, both times on the Breakaway, same with Getaway) - there're both 6 x 8 and 8 x 10 in the 10 photos package we took. Most/rest of pix were mostly $19.99 or $14.99 - not sure what they're charging for those taken in the lobby or outside the MDR with the fancy setup, as we never bothered with those.

No further Latitude discounts but they thrown in the bone, 1 extra photo - for the price charged, you get 11 pix.

The special/extra promo was offered recently only for a brief period, and it came back last month again, briefly - not surprised that not everyone knew about it ... aside from CC junkies hanging out here a lot or from a helpful and knowledgeable TA or NCL call center rep.

As for the unlimited Phone Calls - that's only from the Stateroom calling directly to shore/land - which is actually a nice deal for someone who can use it/need it for keeping in touch with family, love ones, frail elderly, pet-sitters, etc. It's NOT clear however, as one unconfirmed poster, said it was restricted to just one number only. Perhaps, you can find out soon & post afterward.

Edited by mking8288

I think the package is a little cheaper in advance, but to be honest I'd wait and see if you get any photos you like. If you do buy 10+ it's also worth buying the digital copies on USB, that way you also have them electronically, plus the USB is shaped like a ship which is cute.

I found out that you can order them online now after the cruise as well so I will probably just wait. Any idea on how much the flash drives costs?

$50 slot play

From the selects promo...

10 Photo Package:

Offer will be applied to the first guest in the stateroom. Duplicate prints are not included in this offer. All guests in the stateroom are eligible for free photos, with a maximum of 10 total prints per stateroom. Photo sizes included are 6"x8" and/or 8"x10". Only standard photos are available for this offer. Stock photos, canvas prints, and metal prints are not included in this offer. USB product and or digital files are not included in this offer. Offer cannot be used at the Perspectives Photography Studio. Photo packages are per cabin and cannot be combined with any other offer and is not transferrable between ships or cruises. Photos can only be redeemed in one transaction photo desk onboard.

I would wait as you may not even want 10 photos and you'll be feel obligated to take 10 since you paid for them.

I sailed the Dawn over Christmas and just went through my Freestyle Daily(s) and noticed an offer for 10 Pack Memory Maker photo package that include the USB for $149.

I have never had a photo package, but in 2015 took advantage of an onboard special. We were able to select up to 35 photo that were printed into a hard back photo album. We have 4 stock photos: inside cover is the ship, Getaway, and I'm not sure I could change that one. We loved 6-7-8, the chandelier and the staircase so we kept one of those photos. The Illusionarium theater and the Tropicana room were favorites too. The rooms photos are small and we have complementary photos of us at dinner in those venues on the same page. In the grand scheme of things I thought this was a good deal, a treat and I didn't have to find frames for anything!

Edited by Nola26

I found out that you can order them online now after the cruise as well so I will probably just wait. Any idea on how much the flash drives costs?

This is the first I have heard about being able to order online after the cruise. Where did you hear this? I would hate for that info to be wrong and then you won't have any pics. :(

Flash drive is about $20 and only includes the printed pictures that you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the first I have heard about being able to order online after the cruise. Where did you hear this? I would hate for that info to be wrong and then you won't have any pics. :(

Flash drive is about $20 and only includes the printed pictures that you buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

From someone on the getaway Facebook page:

past guests can order copies of photos AFTER your cruise by logging into a relatively new website, http://www.nclphotos.com/

From someone on the getaway Facebook page:

past guests can order copies of photos AFTER your cruise by logging into a relatively new website, http://www.nclphotos.com/

Thanks for the link. Other than it just being just three ships, it looks like it takes at least a month for them to load the pictures. Like for the Escape, the last date is 12/17. I wonder what the cost is per pic? I haven't sailed yet on NCL, so I can't sign up.