Divina cabin help

tbmrt

Would 12040 be too noisy due to elevator? Like the location, but wondering about too much noise.

Also considering 12056, but thinking it might be too long of a walk to rear ship activities.

I take it that Deck 13 isn't a good choice due to "busy" 14th Deck above.

Appreciate your advice!

Barbara

Would 12040 be too noisy due to elevator? Like the location, but wondering about too much noise.

Also considering 12056, but thinking it might be too long of a walk to rear ship activities.

I take it that Deck 13 isn't a good choice due to "busy" 14th Deck above.

Appreciate your advice!

Barbara

12040 is going to be quiet, it's a fair distance from the lift in that respect. In fact 12056 is closer but not close enough to be bothered by noise. As there are not many cabins beyond either there shouldn't be many people walking past.

With regard to distance from the stern there is little to choose when you consider the ship is 1100ft long and the cabins are probaly only 40ft apart.

As for deck 13, cabins 13012 - 13042 (starboard side) and 13011 - 13039 (port side would be quiet as they are below the spa (which is quiet) and far enough away from the voids near the front of the ship and from the lifts.

If it were me I would choose 12040 as there will be less people walking past than 12056 and they are likely to be cheaper than any cabin on deck 13 but still the same size.

The other thing about deck 13 is if you were in any of the cabins i mentioned you could see into the bridge from your balcony if you were interested. Just checked 12040 has a glass not a steel balcony so that is OK

Any more info you require just keep asking

Pete

Edited by Skier52

12040 is going to be quiet, it's a fair distance from the lift in that respect. In fact 12056 is closer but not close enough to be bothered by noise. As there are not many cabins beyond either there shouldn't be many people walking past.

With regard to distance from the stern there is little to choose when you consider the ship is 1100ft long and the cabins are probaly only 40ft apart.

As for deck 13, cabins 13012 - 13042 (starboard side) and 13011 - 13039 (port side would be quiet as they are below the spa (which is quiet) and far enough away from the voids near the front of the ship and from the lifts.

If it were me I would choose 12040 as there will be less people walking past than 12056 and they are likely to be cheaper than any cabin on deck 13 but still the same size.

The other thing about deck 13 is if you were in any of the cabins i mentioned you could see into the bridge from your balcony if you were interested. Just checked 12040 has a glass not a steel balcony so that is OK

Pete

Thanks so much Pete...I took your advice and booked 12040.

Love my Cruise Critic friends! I've been using CC for years and don't know how I'd cruise without the invormation I received. I do my own reviews after cruises and answer any questions that I can to "give back"!

Barbara

Hi Pete ...thanks again, but see below...>I thought 12040 was back more:

****************************/deckplan.php?schiff=Divina

Barbara

This is where your cabin 12040 will be

12040.jpg

Pete

This is the deck plan which shows your cabin to be 12 cabins(balconies) forward of the step in the ship's shape.

If yopu count the balconies you'll arrive at the balcony I've marked..

You're not confusing it with 12056 are you? or did you mean 12140 in your original post which is an entirely different ball game. I'd be reluctant to have that cabin as it could well be very noisy with the tramping of people passed your door

That cabin is only eight balconies along from the step.

120402.jpg

12140.jpg

Edited by Skier52

My previos post should have read like this

This is the deck plan which shows your cabin to be 12 cabins(balconies) forward of the step in the ship's shape.

If you count the balconies you'll arrive at the balcony I've marked..

You're not confusing it with 12056 are you? That cabin is only eight balconies along from the step.

Or, did you mean 12140 in your original post which is an entirely different ball game. I'd be reluctant to have that cabin as it could well be very noisy with the tramping of people passed your door

I don't know how a chunk jumped out of sequence

Looking at booking the Divina, does anyone knowwhich superior balcony cabin would be the best of these choices - 11080, 10071, 12089, 12222.

Also, does anyone know how these cabins would sleep a family of four? Would it be one queen bed, and one double sofa bed?

Thanks.

Looking at booking the Divina, does anyone knowwhich superior balcony cabin would be the best of these choices - 11080, 10071, 12089, 12222.

Also, does anyone know how these cabins would sleep a family of four? Would it be one queen bed, and one double sofa bed?

Thanks.

Just from looking at the portion of the deck plan Pete has posted just above, the first 3 you mention are not quads. You need to look at the deck plans for ones that have the symbol to indicate they're quads, or getnyour TA to do the legwork for you.

Just from looking at the portion of the deck plan Pete has posted just above, the first 3 you mention are not quads. You need to look at the deck plans for ones that have the symbol to indicate they're quads, or getnyour TA to do the legwork for you.

I think you have mixed up the "DIAMOND" (Double sofa bed) with the "TRIANGLE" (sofa bed). So in fact cabin nos. 11080, 10071, 12089, 12222 are all 4 berth with the 3rd and 4th berths being a double sofa bed.

Cabin 13040 is a 2 person INSIDE cabin.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

*if $ or distance to the lift is not a consideration*

Depends on the season and whether your itinerary includes Venice and/or Istanbul. Most would prefer portside view for Istanbul and a sail away from Venice. Starboard would be nice for a sail to Venice if you arriving at the right hour in the morning.

From the two portside cabins, Just from the deckplan, it seems to me, 12089 has a further advantage that there is no cabin to you left/aft. I guess it should offer a better view to 10071.

Edited by sthelder

Thanks for your help. $ isnt a concern as it isn't a big difference pricewise. It is a Caribbean sailing out of Miami that I am looking at - not many options left for cabins though. Would I hear an elevator if I was to book any of those cabins?

13047 looked the best but I am concerned as to what is above and would we hear noise??

Thanks again.

Divina's deck plan

http://www.msccruises.com/gl_en/Images/14377_01_Nov_DI_ENG_spread_tcm5-34571.pdf

Pete has also answered your question in part in post 2 to this thread, but those are cabins located directly below the spa.

13047 is below the junction of spa and The Pool Shop and is close to lift (depend on individual preference, could be either a convenience or a potential source of noise). Personally, I don't mind being located close to lift though.

• 2 years later...

Hello, Cabin 12089, what's your thoughts on this location? Hoping not noisy. But, if so...it is what it is. We will be staying in this cabin. Never have been above the 9th level. Should be fun. Also, never have had the Aurea package and not sure what to expect with this...

Anyone want to share their thoughts would love it.

Thank you,

Sue

Hello, Cabin 12089, what's your thoughts on this location? Hoping not noisy. But, if so...it is what it is. We will be staying in this cabin. Never have been above the 9th level. Should be fun. Also, never have had the Aurea package and not sure what to expect with this...

Anyone want to share their thoughts would love it.

Thank you,

Sue

From the MSC website on Aurea Experience:

Put well-being, pampering and peace of mind at the heart of your cruise. In addition to all the features of ‘Bella’ and ‘Fantastica’, our ‘Aurea’ fares offer a series of relaxing benefits for both body and mind. Priority boarding means you’ll soon be relaxing in an elegant cabin where you’ll find a set of free wellbeing products as well as a complimentary bathrobe and slippers. Dine at the time of your choice in a reserved area of the restaurant and enjoy 24-hour unlimited drinks*. Improve your tan as you bask on an exclusive – adults only - private sun deck. Best of all, take advantage of a fantastic spa package including a spa welcome cocktail, one massage of your choice from the spa menu, tanning shower, private medical consultation with spa Doctor and unrestricted use of the Thermal Area throughout your cruise. Set sail for pure relaxation.

COMFORT

Dream cruises on board modern ships with the Masters of the sea

Elegant cabins equipped with every convenience

Superior comfort ensured by free 24-hour room service (delivery is free)

Breakfast in your cabin (delivery + breakfast are free)

FOOD & DRINKS BENEFITS

Premium 20-hours-a-day buffet (gourmet menu for every moment of the day)

Wide variety of special restaurants serving Mediterranean and international dishes

Unlimited drinks included (Allegrissimo! Package)

SPORT & ACTIVITIES

Broadway-style theatre shows available almost every day

Pool area

Open-air sports facilities (Power Walking Track, Basketball…)

Extremely well-equipped gym with panoramic view

50% discount on fitness classes (e.g. yoga) and personal trainer (subject to availability)

Entertainment activities

Entertainment for infants and children (Clubs…)

Recreational activities for children: foreign language learning games and Master Chef cooking sessions with our onboard staff (subject to availability)

RELAXATION & WELL BEING

Wellbeing package including: Balinese massage, Solarium, welcome cocktail, access to Thermal Area throughout cruise

Kit of wellbeing products (for face, hair and body) in each cabin

Relaxation amenities in each cabin (including bathrobe and slippers)

· Free access to the exclusive sun deck to enjoy the sun in complete tranquillity (available only for adults)

SERVICES

Qualified multilingual personnel

Priority boarding & luggage service (only on embarkation day)

FLEXIBILITY

Preference of cabin* (subject to availability)

Opportunity to choose among the best cabins available

Maximum flexibility in booking** (changing passenger name, changing dates)

Free time dining in a dedicated area of the restaurant

OTHER PRIVILEGES

Earn MSC Club points

*For further details, please refer to our Terms and Conditions

**For more detailed information, please refer to our Terms and Conditions

The cabin looks to be in a great location IMHO with no obvious noise issues except, perhaps, from those entering or leaving the elevator area outside your cabin door. I've had a cabin in a similar situation and never had any problems.

about MSC Divina cabin 10040, any info and pic.

thanks

Pete

Edited by Angelica71
so the cabin 10040 is perfekt?