MSC Opera Live Blog Review

Nix111

Hi, I'm just boarded MSC Opera for a 14 night Greek Islands cruise and I'm writing a live blog review, here's a link http://cruisemuses.blog.co.uk I know how little info is online about MSC in comparison to some of the other cruise lines so I hope this will prove helpful, if anyone has any questions about MSC just shout. I'll be posting daily subject to wifi (and how much red wine I drink!)

Thanks

Nicky

Hi Alison, thanks for the comment, glad you enjoyed the blog, hope you make the cruise one day, well worth a transatlantic flight! I guess you have plenty of sunshine in California though, coming from a very rainy town in the Uk we are loving the Italy and Greek sunshine!

Hi Nix

thanks for taking the time to do this blog.

We will be on the same cruise in 3 weeks :-)

And, we will also be staying in the same Hilton, but, the night after the cruise.

I was wondering, what is your plan for Sochi? Do you need a visa? as we are from Ireland, we were told, if we book a ship excursion, we do not need one.

and advice will be welcome

Hi All

Yes Donsy we got the Allegrisimo package included free but it's great value I so recommend it even if you have to pay

Juneau :) glad you like Springsteen in Manchester? What could be better?! Love Bruce

Caveman you'll have an amazing time, we are loving it! Watch out for Mosquitos at the Hilton, use repellent as we had a few bites but other than that it's awesome!

Sorry Caveman I realised I forgot to answer the Sochi question, if you are from UK or Ireland you can't leave the ship independently unless you have a visa which isn't easy and is expensive. If however you do an MSC organised trip then you are covered by the ships visa. The Sochi excursions aren't cheap, we booked the cultural trip, a city tour then a visit to a theatre for a recital at €90 for adults and €60 for kids. I figured it's probably my only trip to Sochi or maybe Russia so we just definitely do something. There are five or six to choose from - enjoy

Sorry Caveman I realised I forgot to answer the Sochi question, if you are from UK or Ireland you can't leave the ship independently unless you have a visa which isn't easy and is expensive. If however you do an MSC organised trip then you are covered by the ships visa. The Sochi excursions aren't cheap, we booked the cultural trip, a city tour then a visit to a theatre for a recital at €90 for adults and €60 for kids. I figured it's probably my only trip to Sochi or maybe Russia so we just definitely do something. There are five or six to choose from - enjoy

Thanks Nix111 for replying on that.

I'm Caveman's wife ;) and we were both wondering how things are working with visa in Sochi. We also think it might be our only trip there and would like to do something and not stay on the ship. We are thinking of booking Stalin's Dacha and Russian tea tasting ceremony excursion. It's 75 euro per person, so not cheap, but it's a once off thing, so we'll probably go for it :D Enjoy the rest of your cruise!

Thanks for the Russia question, we will book an MSC excursion ASAP

one more question if you see this?

The Gym, have you been, or walked past, and, did you know and see any free weights? and what are the heaviest? :D:cool:

thanks