How Strict Is the Allure with Adventure Ocean Age Guidelines

We are getting ready for our Med cruise on Allure and my kids have asked if they can attend Adventure Ocean together. My oldest is 9 which technically would put her in with the Voyagers while my youngest is 7 which would put him in with the Explorers.

Has anyone had experience cruising on Allure with kids in where they let siblings attend the same program despite not falling within the required age guideline?

Also, has anyone utilized the babysitting service on Allure? We have had a sitter on past cruises so we could attend a late night show and it worked out well. Would love to hear about anyone who has used the babysitting services on Allure to see if they send more than one sitter, etc.

Also lastly for those with kids who have cruised the Mediterranean on Allure, how much did your kids actually participate in the Adventure Ocean program? I know the cruise is so port intensive I am wondering how much time there will be for it?

Thanks so much.

It's unpredicable if the AO people will allow the age limits to be waived. It all depends on how crowded the different groups are. In other words, you won't know until you get onboard.

They are fairly strict....more likely to let the older one "move down" than to allow the younger one to "move up. It's not like they won't see each other...they aren't in different parts of the ship!

Yes..they send 2 sitters on ALL ships. It's a liability thing, I guess.

As far as how much the kids use AO....depends on the kids! I would think most of the time while on the ship, they're gonna want to be there, doing fun stuff!

I have been on cruises where there were so few kids that Explorers and Voyagers were combined. I don't think that will be the case on a Summer Med cruise on Allure.

Adventure Ocean has a late night party zone each night (starting with night 2) from 10pm until 2am. It is $7 per hour, per child. The kids have a lot of fun. We just returned from Oasis. My grandchildren, ages 7 and 8, begged to stay. Much better than an in-room babysitter, IMO.

Sailed on Freedom last year with a large group. The two oldest kids wanted to be together, but were in different age groups. They would've allowed the oldest to move down, but not the youngest to move up. They ended up staying in their respective groups, because the oldest wanted to hand out in the preteen area :D They still had plenty of time together outside of AO.

Thanks all for the responses. I think my youngest would stay down if they allow it...but I am sure in thinking about it the number of kids on board may dictate how strict they are.

Adventure Ocean has a late night party zone each night (starting with night 2) from 10pm until 2am. It is $7 per hour, per child. The kids have a lot of fun. We just returned from Oasis. My grandchildren, ages 7 and 8, begged to stay. Much better than an in-room babysitter, IMO.

I was wondering about this. So is it like a thing where they come in pj's or is it just an extension of the daytime activities? I do like the idea of this as it sounds like fun but I think my two kiddos would like the option of being able to go to sleep if they were to get tired.

Edited by Ksma23

Thanks all for the responses. I think my youngest would stay down if they allow it...but I am sure in thinking about it the number of kids on board may dictate how strict they are.

I was wondering about this. So is it like a thing where they come in pj's or is it just an extension of the daytime activities? I do like the idea of this as it sounds like fun but I think my two kiddos would like the option of being able to go to sleep if they were to get tired.

One night is a PJ night during a regular evening session. On that night most will have on their PJ's. There are activities that are different but similar to the daytime/evening activities. I think there was a movie on one night. We told the Girl's one might that they could stay until one, but my daughter picked them up at midnight and they didn't know the difference[emoji6]. They felt so big!

Late night is when they have the nightly gagaball tournament. It's sort of like dodgeball but the ball has to stay on the floor at all times so the ball doesn't travel as fast, and you only get people out by hitting them with the ball below the knees. My kids always had to do late night just for gagaball, and they usually made it to the end so it cost me an extra hour of late night time.:mad:

Late night is when they have the nightly gagaball tournament. It's sort of like dodgeball but the ball has to stay on the floor at all times so the ball doesn't travel as fast, and you only get people out by hitting them with the ball below the knees. My kids always had to do late night just for gagaball, and they usually made it to the end so it cost me an extra hour of late night time.:mad:

It's funny you said that! My son used to tell us about gagaball, and we'd correct him. "It's not gagaball, it's dodgeball." I guess he was right [emoji5]️

Well thank you for gagaball information, we are going to definitely have to check that out. I can totally see my kids enjoying that too and on the bright side the extra hour of late night time is still probably much less than paying a sitter to come to the room. :)