Transfer from civitavecchia to fiumicino airport?

Karen13

We are disembarking at Civitavecchia on a thursday in October. The ship docks at 7.00am. We have a 12.00 noon flight to the UK from Fiumicino airport.

We are now looking at transfer options. Check-in is from 10.00am. Can anyone advise on the best/cheapest transfer options? I can't see that Windstar offer a transfer?

There was a thread on this in June. Look for "Windstar Transfer from Civitacecchia to FCO or user Sunprince. Lots of recommendations who to use. Also WS does offer transfers but are more expensive.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Edited by sb44

I have used RomeCabs by Stephano and also RomeInLimo for transfers and tours. Both companies are excellent. Prompt service, clean cars, and excellent drivers. My most recent trip out in/out of Rome in Oct., I used Rome Cabs. They were less expensive than RomeInLimo. Both companies have websites that will quote cost. There is a train if you really want to be cheap. However, in Italy, taking a train can be risky. Italy has strikes. I have been a victim of strikes. I was on a train from Livorno to Florence that stopped in the middle of a field until the strike was over. I had no way of knowing where I was or when the train would move. After sitting about an hour, it moved. The locals take it in stride since it is happens frequently. I was a wreck.

Hi - we disembarked our Windstar cruise in Civitavecchia last June and booked Stefano's RomeCabs with another couple - 150 Euros total for 4 versus $115 USD per person for Windstar's airport transfers. It's a no brainer! :)

The other couple had an 11:00 AM flight (ours was noon) so the van was booked for 7:15 AM. The driver was waiting for us right there outside the baggage area, so our ride was swift and he dropped us off at our respective terminals. This was the 2nd time we've used Stefano's RomeCabs and they are super-easy to book (you can either pre-pay or pay the driver in Euros at drop off), super friendly, super courteous.

Hi - we disembarked our Windstar cruise in Civitavecchia last June and booked Stefano's RomeCabs with another couple - 150 Euros total for 4 versus $115 USD per person for Windstar's airport transfers. It's a no brainer! :)

The other couple had an 11:00 AM flight (ours was noon) so the van was booked for 7:15 AM. The driver was waiting for us right there outside the baggage area, so our ride was swift and he dropped us off at our respective terminals. This was the 2nd time we've used Stefano's RomeCabs and they are super-easy to book (you can either pre-pay or pay the driver in Euros at drop off), super friendly, super courteous.

Have you done the reverse? We arrive at FCO at 8 in the morning and our cruise doesn't leave Civitivecchia until 5, with boarding around 3, so we have lots of time.

Why not get the cab to give you a tour of some of the city?

You will need some time to pick up your bags and get through passports etc.

You can board the ship around 1pm and have a light lunch so you won't have masses of time to tour but could get to see some of the main places,according to your interests.

We have done this sort of thing in reverse--after disembarkation.