Dawn and Spa Pass

johnandlinda

We are on the 1/28 10 day cruise out of Tampa. Would like to hear peoples thoughts on getting the spa pass please. We normallynspend everyday mostly just relaxing on the pool deck, but thought maybe the spa pass would allow for some daily quiet time in addition to shelter from the wind on sea days...seems a bit pricey and just not sure if its worth it

Like the Jade, the Dawn is a small ship. The women and men's sitting area is a few chairs. The coed sitting area is a few hot stone loungers and chairs. The steam room and sauna in the locker room are very small

We always take a spa pass (and we had one on the Dawn last year). But they are not large, expansive areas like on the mega ships.

I just got off the Dawn today. I got the spa pass and I'm happy that I did. OP is right that it does allow quiet time when you need it. I went for a couple of hours just about every day, even in port. It's not a huge area, but it seemed fairly large to me. There are 8 heated stone loungers looking out the aft windows. There was never more than 1 or 2 occupied when I was there, except for the last sea day for some reason. I think it was because they had a big sale on spa treatments and a lot of people were hanging out waiting for their appointment. Each of the "Relaxation Rooms" had 8 to 10 comfortable chairs facing the aft windows as well. I used those for reading. I was usually by myself in there most of the time. I really enjoyed the larger (square) hot tub with the lounging benches. The round hot tub was nice, but they kept that one a little too hot for my liking. I LOVED the lap pool. Perfect temperature, and it's really just a "float around" pool. I never saw anyone doing laps and I was in there by myself most of the time. I was in the Breakaway Haven on my last cruise and this was kind of my "Haven" on the Dawn that let me get away from the rest of the crowd.

We are on the 1/28 10 day cruise out of Tampa. Would like to hear peoples thoughts on getting the spa pass please. We normallynspend everyday mostly just relaxing on the pool deck, but thought maybe the spa pass would allow for some daily quiet time in addition to shelter from the wind on sea days...seems a bit pricey and just not sure if its worth it

IMO it is a must have. I enjoy the thermal area on Dawn much more than on the "away" class ships.

There are two relaxation rooms, one for women, one for men. I don't know if that's enforced, however. There was a husband and wife together on the last day and it didn't seem to bother anyone. It's just a room with comfy chairs with huge windows, lemon water, soft music, and an aroma machine. I think NCL should make them both coed.