southampton taxis

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know if there are taxis stationed at any of the pando terminals?

May need one when we come back from X606 to get us to Dibdon (near Hythe).

Keith.

Never had to use a taxi, but whenever we leave a terminal there are always taxis there. So yes they would be at all the terminals. When a ship is in port they know there will be business.

Hi everybody,

Does anyone know if there are taxis stationed at any of the pando terminals?

May need one when we come back from X606 to get us to Dibdon (near Hythe).

Keith.

Yes, lots of them :)

Last autumn we sailed into Southampton and had already enquirer with this company West Quay Taxi who advised calling them once we had collected our luggage. We did not need to prepay. Once outside we checked the queue for the taxis outside and it was pretty long, although moved fairly quickly. We joined the queue and I remembered I had the phone number for West Quay, gave them a call and they said they would be 5 minutes. They were true to their word and in fact another couple behind me overheard me on the phone and asked if I could book one for them - we ended up sharing a cab to the train station and split the cost and gave the driver a nice tip. We were all v pleased and it was really convenient. I would definitely recommend taking a note of their number with you......below is the info I have copied from the CruiseSouthampton.com website.....hope it doesn't breach any CC rules, obviously there are other taxi companies available but i haven't used them.....

"Taxi ranks can be found outside each of the terminals, Southampton Central station, as well as near WestQuay Shopping Centre and the High Street. Prices generally are around

£5 from the City Centre

£6 from Southampton Central Train Station

£16 from Southampton Airport

Prices to other major destinations are a guide only. Please obtain a quote when booking a taxi for a longer journey.

London £160

London Gatwick £140

London Heathrow £120

Bournemouth Airport £60

Taxis in Southampton that are not pre-booked are white in colour and can be picked-up from a taxi rank. To pre-book a taxi, call WestQuay Cars on 023 8099 9999. They will come to the cruise terminal (or any local destination) and pick you up. With a large fleet, quick pick-up and competitive prices, they are one of Southampton's largest and most reliable taxi companies.

Whichever method of taxi you choose, you luggage should not cost any extra. If you can, call for a quote to get an agreed fare beforehand. Whatever price you are quoted, you will not be charged more"

Another vote for West Quay taxis, who a lot of the hotels use as well. They are a very slick operation. If you ring them before you come out of the terminal building, they'll tell you how long the taxi will be and its registration number. The driver will also phone you as soon as he arives. Last time we used them, it took literally 2 minutes from phoning them to the driver calling us to say he was outside.