Segway in Vigo

Good morning :)

I'm interested in doing a segway tour in Vigo. Trip Advisor reviews are excellent and I think we'd all enjoy it. I emailed the company directly and got a very fast response telling me that I could not book directly as P&O buy up all the tours when they are in port. P&O prices work out at £144 for 4 of us for a 1 hour trip. This seems to be the first year P&O have offered this excursion so I'm wondering if anyone has done this segway tour directly previously and if so how much it cost?

It seems a little expensive to me for 1 hour. Maybe I'm being niaive?

One other ship related question. At dinner are soft drinks/water available or are they paid for?

Thank you

7 weeks 6 days :)

A couple of years back my daughter did the Segway in Vigo. At that time a guy was independently operating these from the area in the immediate vicinity of where you walk off the ship. His prices were all in Euros and he offered a E10 trial training period of fifteen minutes so newcomers could ascertain whether Segways were for them. She was nine years old and had a good fifteen minutes of training after which she developed a competence level the guy was happy with, at that point the guy announced the fifteen minutes would start so she got a second lot of fifteen minutes within the E10.00. This ended up as a twenty five minutes session within the same money. This operator was also offering tours of Vigo on the Segways for E100.00 per person so your quoted prices are very good value in my opinion.

I suspect the tours offered by P&O on Segways are limited to how many the operator has available and in this respect if I had a party of four intending to do this excursion I should book as soon as this is allowed. I feel these could sell out. Have any or all of you established competency on the Segway already? They are not difficult to master in a few minutes.

After my experience with the Segway operator I found at the quayside we had a lot of time available shore side luckily as I waited for daughter to return there was another operator trying to book people onto Tuk Tuks. I chatted with the woman by the specimen Tuk Tuk and eventually I agreed to a tour for the two of us. This was E60 and would have been E80 if we were both adults. This tour was about an hour and a half and has a two passenger limit per vehicle. It was a nice tour and if you or any others get to the bottom of the gang plank without anything definite booked for whatever reason this is an option.

Regards John

Edited by john watson

We did the P&O Segway tour in La Coruna last month and loved it. Every one is given a 5 minute briefing and trial on it to see their competence and then he put the least competent at the front and the most at the back. I would thoroughly recommend it and book it as soon as you can as it is sold out once you get in the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by Alan & Giselle

We did the Segway tour in Vigo last October through P&O it was great fun, we thoroughly enjoyed it. You go round in small groups of about 12. You get individual one on one training and they don't let you go on your own until they are happy that you have got the hang of it, you then get about five minutes practice before starting off on the tour. The tour itself is OK, you stop at about 5 or 6 places, but you get to see and learn about Vigo.

Although it was expensive we are glad we did it.

We've booked the Segway in Vigo through P and O. We also were unable to book directly through the tour operator because P and O have done a deal with the operator. There is only one choice of tour and I thought it was a bit expensive but booked it anyway.

This will be our third Segway activity - the others were in Antigua and Copenhagen.

Love Segways! We did a tour in Lisbon last year and loved it. We have two cruises this year and are researching Segway tours for each port to include at least one on each are so much fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk