Holiday information brochure.

GirlyCruiser

Morning all, had a surprise come through in the post a couple of days ago. We've actually received a holiday information brochure. We've got actual luggage labels!! I won't have to print my own ones!! :D If I sound over excited its because we've not had one of these brochures for years. I can't remember the last one they sent us. I'm just wondering how come they've sent us one this year and not for past cruises? We're only doing a 7 night cruise this year and the only thing I've done differently is that I've not booked any excursions yet. I've filled in all the pre cruise info online so can't think what else could be their reason. Anyone else experienced this sort of thing??

You must have booked a Select Fare - they usually get the holiday brochure but Early Savers and Saver Fares I think don't. Also some people tick "Go Green" on their Cruise Personaliser and then it's up to them to print their brochure, they won't receive one from P&O.

We've had a Holiday Brochure for all of our cruises since we started cruising with P&O. They don't seem to issue them as early as they used to. We have usually booked our excursions online by the time the brochure arrives but it is good to have it, plus you get the labels, and we always take it with us on the cruise as it's useful to be able to look at the excursions we have booked.

We've always booked select fare so far or what ever they've called it over the years lol! The only other thing I can think of is that we booked with Thomson or TUI as I think they're now known, and we've not used them for quite some time but I can't imagine that who we book through should make any difference. I won't miss stapling the labels and smothering them in celotape this year that's for sure! I've still got last year's on the cases!

Morning all, had a surprise come through in the post a couple of days ago. We've actually received a holiday information brochure. We've got actual luggage labels!! I won't have to print my own ones!! :D If I sound over excited its because we've not had one of these brochures for years. I can't remember the last one they sent us. I'm just wondering how come they've sent us one this year and not for past cruises? We're only doing a 7 night cruise this year and the only thing I've done differently is that I've not booked any excursions yet. I've filled in all the pre cruise info online so can't think what else could be their reason. Anyone else experienced this sort of thing??

Hi GirlyCruiser,

My understanding of it is that if you don't click to download your itinerary / brochure electronically then you will get sent one in the post. Like you I really like the brochure and the luggage lables :D

It seems that you only get luggage labels sent to you if you book a select fare. For the other saver fares, you do get the holiday brochure but no luggage labels, presumably because cabin allocation doesn't take place until a couple of weeks before departure.

We've always booked select fare so far or what ever they've called it over the years lol! The only other thing I can think of is that we booked with Thomson or TUI as I think they're now known, and we've not used them for quite some time but I can't imagine that who we book through should make any difference. I won't miss stapling the labels and smothering them in celotape this year that's for sure! I've still got last year's on the cases!

I think a lot of the travel agents tick the " go green" option on your behalf when you book. Mine certainly asked if I had access to the Internet for printing off tickets etc - I said yes but said to her don't you dare tick the go green button!

We booked Early saver for the first time ever ....we got the booklet minus luggage labels a couple of weeks ago. Cabin allocation came through this morning - we sail on 29 May.

It must have been something to do with our TA then why we've received one this year as we've not tried the saver fare option yet and always gone with select fare. We've booked with other TA's in the past and also direct with p&o. I'm starting to think that the last time we had a book could have the last time we used Thomson. Maybe the other TA's have clicked the go green button without asking us. My other half's parents have always had the pre cruise book and labels and they have used the same TA for years.

We always book a Select Fare direct with P&O, and we always have a book with luggage labels, excursion information, etc. Nice touch, I think.

Obviously we have managed without the book and printing our own labels but I agree the book is a nice touch and something they should do for everyone.

We booked saver fare and have also received one of these brochures which was nice. We have already booked many excursions through the personaliser so can't think of any reason other than a bit of PR. No labels etc, but have printed them off already. Never had this before in the past 4 cruises with P&O.

Happy days.

:)

Keith (Southend)

You must have booked a Select Fare - they usually get the holiday brochure but Early Savers and Saver Fares I think don't. Also some people tick "Go Green" on their Cruise Personaliser and then it's up to them to print their brochure, they won't receive one from P&O.

We've had a Holiday Brochure for all of our cruises since we started cruising with P&O. They don't seem to issue them as early as they used to. We have usually booked our excursions online by the time the brochure arrives but it is good to have it, plus you get the labels, and we always take it with us on the cruise as it's useful to be able to look at the excursions we have booked.

James80 is absolutely right. We have booked two cabins as travelling with friends in 5 weeks. Only received one brochure. Spoke to pando today and they are sending another one out for us as we are ' in the time frame' . I must have ticked the green box !

Happy cruising.