Top 10 Things to Know about the Pride of America

limmerb

I am sailing POA the 28th of November 2015. This will be my first trip to Hawaii and my second cruise. The first was on the Norwegian Epic.

I am so excited that I can not find the words to describe my excitement.

I will be in a studio cabin on the 13th level. I have booked The Equus Hotel in Honolulu for two nights.

I am looking for suggestions about shore excursions.

Thanks for the uplifting review.

:)

I include reviews of the excursions we took if you click on the link that I include in the first post that started this discussion, which is the link to my review on Cruise Critic's member reviews. We had been to Hawaii a few times before, though, so you may want to do different things.

I am sailing POA the 28th of November 2015. This will be my first trip to Hawaii and my second cruise. The first was on the Norwegian Epic.

I will be in a studio cabin on the 13th level. I have booked The Equus Hotel in Honolulu for two nights.

Check out the Roll Call for your cruise. You can connect with others on your cruise, who may have excursions set up

Hi! We are also on this cruise over Thanksgiving 2015! Just booked our pre-cruise hotel, the Coconut Waikiki and still looking for a post cruise resort for 3 days.

Definitely come over to the Roll Call, it is just starting to have a bit of activity posted as well as a possible meet up on disembarkation day.

Thank you for this thread as it has already helped with your extra insight.

• 1 month later...

Hi bosnatis, I see you were in a suite on POA in April with 5 people. We are in an owner's suite in April 2016 with 4 people, 1 couple who will sleep in the bedroom and 2 older women who will sleep in the living room but do not want to sleep in the same bed as they get up frequently in the night for the restroom. Did you by chance get a rollaway bed? We are getting conflicting reports from the people at Norwegian, one says there are rollaway beds available and 1 says there aren't.

We got an unbelievable for a penthouse suite on deck 12 from San Francisco and then the islands. It is coming our of dry dock. It was $5000 for TWO of use..total. Thanks to someone's post here I grabbed it. Really looking forward to that! That is in March 2016

Hi bosnatis, I see you were in a suite on POA in April with 5 people. We are in an owner's suite in April 2016 with 4 people, 1 couple who will sleep in the bedroom and 2 older women who will sleep in the living room but do not want to sleep in the same bed as they get up frequently in the night for the restroom. Did you by chance get a rollaway bed? We are getting conflicting reports from the people at Norwegian, one says there are rollaway beds available and 1 says there aren't.

We are sailing the last week of April 2016 and booked an Owner's Suite for 4 Sisters sailing together. We wanted the extra 1/2 bath and are praying they don't remove this from deck 12 during the refurb in March of 2016. I was told that a roll away bed was available as my 2 younger sisters don't want to share a bed. My older sister and I will share a king size bed in the bedroom and are OK with that. I am excited for this cruise, a first to Hawaii for one of the Sisters.

gwsster, when do you go? We cruise 4/16 - 4/23 and the extra 1/2 bath was extremely important to us too, we will have 3 women. It will be my DH and I and my Mom and her friend. They will both be turning 80 in May and this is a birthday cruise. My rep at NCL assured me that our suite 10002 would not change during dry dock. I hope they are right! I'm sure you and your sisters will have a wonderful time!

We are sailing the last week of April 2016 and booked an Owner's Suite for 4 Sisters sailing together. We wanted the extra 1/2 bath and are praying they don't remove this from deck 12 during the refurb in March of 2016. I was told that a roll away bed was available as my 2 younger sisters don't want to share a bed. My older sister and I will share a king size bed in the bedroom and are OK with that. I am excited for this cruise, a first to Hawaii for one of the Sisters.

We are on 12 on the SFO-Hawaii run and hope they only improve the OS. Our two kids are going with so the extra 1/2 bath comes in very handy although the master bath on 12 has access from the living room and master bath so at least if the kids get up earlier than us they can use the master bath.

If all goes as planned, I should be able to report back on 3/15 or 3/16. I'll try to remember to post back but in case I don't, feel free to give me a reminder.

• 2 weeks later...
We were looking at POA and Celebrity.

Celebrity cruises from Vancouver for 10 or 11 day cruises and charges about the same price for POA's 7 day cruise. POA stays in Hawaii.

It is likely that we could save on airfare, since there is only a one way flight to or from Hawaii.

If we wanted to stay in Hawaii a few days, we would go with POA.

stay in Oahu for a few days before POA cruise. It is amazing!!!

• 3 months later...