Rental Car Shuttle - Am I Crazy??

RJake1

Arriving MCO the day before cruise. I am thinking of National rental car from MCO during our first day in Orlando, then driving it to Port the next morning. Drop off is at Mullett Road location at PC. Shuttle to ship.

Years ago I did this (with Enterprise I think) and I remember it being pretty crazy. Dozens of people pushing and shoving trying to get on the shuttle van.

Does anyone have any experience with this National location and ease of shuttle? Any advice? Would it be better to return car to MCO and take a shuttle from MCO? Our board time is 12:15 pm. What time would I need to leave Kissimmee to drive to Port, drop off car, etc.?

Thanks Everyone!!

No experience with that location. However, you may find it easiest to first go to the port and drop your bags with the porters and leave the rest of your party. You then drive to the car rental location to return the car. It should be pretty easy for one person without any bags to squeeze onto a shuttle.

We've never had any trouble with any car return at Cape Canaveral/Cocoa Beach.

By far the easiest thing to do is to drop the luggage and any passengers at the terminal. They can go thru security and be in line for check in while you return the car. There is almost always room on the shuttle for one person with no luggage. If you are a family of 4 with all your stuff, you may have to wait for the next shuttle.

We've had lines when we needed a shuttle to the car pick up place after a cruise, but never a problem with a drop off before a cruise. In fact, on 2 occasions when I did not do the passenger drop off, the shuttle driver had the passengers and luggage loaded before I had the car checked in!

No experience with National though.

NO, do not return it to MCO and ride DCL bus

Kissemmee to port area will be about an hour drive or more depending on traffic. Allow 15-30 minutes for car return.

We always rent from Avis and I've had different experiences as far as crowds go. On our most recent trip, two weeks ago, I drop the family off with the bags and returned the car with one daughter aw my navigator. There were only two other families that took the shuttle back with us and one got off at the RCI terminal.

Three years ago, when we took the Fantasy. We got there early enough that the shuttle wasn't running until the ship cleared. There was a bit of a crowd waiting, but we all made it onto the shuttle without any problems.

National, Alamo, and maybe Enterprise (all the same parent company) have one big building now on Mullet. It's soooo close to the port.

It can get busy, but again, it's big. Much bigger than the old little building from just a few years ago.

Drop your bags and extra passengers at the port (assuming you have at least one adult other than you and the others are willing) so you only have to fit *you* on the shuttle. Return the car. Get in line for the shuttle. Get back to the port.