Alternative Dining Question

orvil

Verandah Grill? Alternative dining restaurants? Is it worth it?

We travelled on the QM2 and were QG. This time we are on the QV and in QG. The service and food was outstanding. So good that we never explored the other dining venues. This time, the trip is longer. Is it worth the trouble to dine in the Verandah Grill?

Opinions please.

Not too sure what you mean by trouble , But whatever category one is in, it does make a refreshing change to take time out and dine one evening ( or afternoon) in one of the another venues

I can recommend the Verandah and also the Alternative Dining in the Lido which is ideal for a casual evening, particularly after returning from a port visit.

Just the same as a pub lunch or taking a light snack in Cafe Carinthia. :)

Not too sure what you mean by trouble , But whatever category one is in, it does make a refreshing change to take time out and dine one evening ( or afternoon) in one of the another venues

I can recommend the Verandah and also the Alternative Dining in the Lido which is ideal for a casual evening, particularly after returning from a port visit.

Just the same as a pub lunch or taking a light snack in Cafe Carinthia. :)

Who referred to 'Trouble'?

Really don't think I would want to pay the extra if I had already paid for QG.

That said, as one of the lower classes who travels in Britania class, it is worth every penny.

My feelings exactly!

I have read that some people don't think the Verandah on QV is as good as the one on QE.

Another Britannia perspective: We had good meals in the Verandah on QV at a very fair upcharge. The food was very rich. Downside is that the menu doesn't change (in my experience and from what I gather) so essentially once you've had your choice(s) or favorite you're out of luck. We had a positive experience in the Lido alternative as well (I don't remember which specialty night it was). Unfortunately I can't compare to the Grills. Some day...

• 2 weeks later...

We have always been, in our opinion, fortunate to travel in QG, but have always celebrated our wedding anniversary in the Verandah Restaurant. The food is of the same quality as QG but a different menu. The staff are so attentive to us and usually make us a cake or similar with a Happy Anniversary written on it. No matter how good your restaurant is, it is always nice to have a change.....so go for it and enjoy.

Whether in Grill or Britannia, paying the extra tariff to dine in the Verandah rooms or the QM2 Todd English or Kings Court area of the night is just eating in a different space, using a different menu of selections. Some people like the change from their main dinning room. Worth the tariff? Up to you, based on the satisfaction of the food and the room. When it is Oriental, or Indian, I've enjoyed QM2 speciality dinning, finding Todd English too restaurant as theatre. The Verandahs I've liked best at lunch, the surroundings more easily seen. On either of the three ships, there's no reason to not try the alternative dinning at least once. Experience is all.

• 2 weeks later...