Embarkation/Debarkation Venice

csunshine860

Venice is not the most efficient of places to board. We had a group in front of us that took forever to process through. Everyone in the group had their own credit card and there was only one person working the check in desk.

They sent more workers over and we went through just fine.

Leaving was very easy as we stayed until the last call was made.

We had a wonderful time and the ship and crew were just great... Enjoy!!! :cool:

Each week we were cleared to debark at 8:05 am. Upon boarding I think the process took about 20 minutes. Arrived sometime around 10:40 am, they take your luggage (good to have the tags ready to staple on bags. They staple them). The non suite check in entails dropping off bags, entering a building, giving credit card info, picture, receipt of cards and then sitting till they call your group. There's a restroom available, and tables set up for spa, dining, drink package purchases and reservations. The only glitch I saw was people exiting elevators to board ship merged with people in line creating a bottleneck to get in ship but only lasted a few mins and we were on board by 11am ish.

Getting off is just walk off, collect bags. We pre booked taxi to airport and were thankful. Long line for taxi with no line of taxis available. A lot of british passengers so lines very civil.

Arrived at 11am, no queue for tagging bags and straight through into the check in area - again no queue in the Latitudes line and friendly staff. A zip through security, with some guys who study your passport very intently before on the ship at 11.30. Tables with water, flavoured water and drinks packages/menu/upsell were set up but I never used them.

Getting off, collect a tag a day before unless you want to carry your own bags. Took 8.30am, off by 8.20 and in a taxi at 8.30. All very efficient IMO.

2nd & 3rd times we were in the Haven, which was just as flawless.

a related question: on embarkation day, can you check in luggage early and then leave to go back into Venice for a couple of hours?

we are on Jade next month and the itinerary says we do not leave Venice until 18:00

Edited by Maurer

If you don't want to take the people mover there is a boat you can take from the ship to st marks square. I think it was 9 euro each way. The ticket window for purchase was just as you exit the ship and loading was right next to the ship. It's nothing I would want to do with luggage but for ease of reaching st marks square it gets the job done. They also sell rt transfer but Rick Steve's recommends one way just in case you want to wander the streets and come back a different way. If only going for a couple hrs I would just purchase the rt. quickest option would be a private water taxi but also $$$