MSC Splendida disembarkation time required at Dubai

drsel

Dear expert cruisers,

We need to disembark MSC Splendida at Dubai & simultaneously board the Costa Mediterranea at Dubai itself for a back to back cruise.

Costa departs at 12 noon, so I assume we need to check in at Costa between 9--10am.

The MSC Splendida will arrive in Dubai 1 day before disembarkation (and stay overnight in Dubai).

1) Will Dubai arrival immigration be done on the day of arrival of MSC in Dubai or the morning of disembarkation (next day)?

2) How long will it take to disembark MSC Splendida with 4000 passengers?

3) What is the earliest time we can disembark, without any VIP status?

4) Is it possible for us to carry off our own bags & quickly walk to the Costa ship in the same port of Dubai to reach Costa at least 2 hrs before departure time (12 noon)?

Thanks, drsel

Thanks, was immigration done in the morning of disembarkation or the previous day? How much time did arrival immigration take at Dubai?

How much time is required for disembarkation at 9am?

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

When I disembarked Fantasia in January this year, there was no immigration at Dubai port. I just walked off the ship, picked up my bag and headed off in a taxi. Painless, and took just a few minutes :)

Then the passport stamping must have been done the previous day, when MSC Fantasia arrived in Dubai

Sent from my Lenovo P2a42 using Forums mobile app

As EU citizens, our passports were returned to us at Khor Fakkan. We had no immigration processing at Dubai when we disembarked.

I would consider doing the Costa cruise just to experience another cruise line but my wife would not get on a Costa ship!