any one been to the money bar on cozumel

rob2102

Wondered if any one has visited the money bar on Cozumel? How far was it fun the ship and did you enjoy it?

There are numerous threads about the Money Bar in Cozumel at the Cozumel ports of call forum.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2260543&highlight=money+bar

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2268140&highlight=money+bar

And so on. Best place to ask about things in ports is at the Ports of Call forums.

Wondered if any one has visited the money bar on Cozumel? How far was it fun the ship and did you enjoy it?

Yes, multiple times. It depends on which of the 3 piers you are at, can't walk from any of them so it just changes the cab fare by a few dollars.

Enjoyed it very much. A chill atmosphere, OK snorkeling, good guacamole. Cold beer. Not recommended for kids (retaining wall at water's edge). Not a party place that's why I enjoy it.

Heading back on next cruise.

Cab fare will be posted by your pier - about $10-12 each way (covers up to 4 passengers in the cab).

Good facilities, good snorkeling from the shore, rental gear and guides if you need them, good food/drinks/service. Spend the day there or just a couple of hours and then head to one of the beach clubs for the rest of the day.

Great place to spend part of your day there. Cold drinks, good food and reasonable prices for the food and drinks.

The snorkeling just in front of the Money Bar can be quite good. Some of the local tour operators, including those used by the cruise lines for snorkeling excursions actually sail up and drop of snorkelers at this very spot (in fact, on my first cruise ever, that's how I found this place).

They do rent gear there if you are going to snorkel, but it is a bit pricey if you don't have your own.

All in all a great spot, but don't use them for arranging a parasailing activity. Our last stop there I did have them call an operator for us, and it was the only scary parasailing activity I have ever encountered - very shoddy boat/equipment, really should have said H*ll no when they pulled up at the pier!!

Have a great cruise!!

My DH and I enjoyed money bar for snorkling a couple years ago. Very laid back. We got there early and spent the entire day at an umbrella table. Enjoyed food and beer that was very reasonable. Snorkling was ok, but not as much to see as at Chankanaab. We brought our own gear. Waiter kept his guy on our things at our table while we were in the water. Clean bathrooms.

One downside was the snorkel boats that would pull up. The ones driving did not pay attention to people that were in the water. I almost got hit. I would not take kids there because of that, and current was strong that day.

• 2 weeks later...

In December we purchased a snorkeling excursion that departed from the Money Bar and then allowed use of it for the rest of the day afterwards. Had we gone there just for the place itself, we would have been VERY disappointed and even though we could have stayed after snorkeling, we chose to leave.

It's LITERALLY beside the road. There is really no beach to speak of and the water hits that retaining wall pretty hard. I'm sure the snorkeling there is fun though, we saw a ray and lots of fish through the bottom of the boat.

We took this pic the day we were there B4ctna2CMAA6wvH.jpg:large

Edited by colleenj74