Danube weather

Bye bye birdie

I know we can never know what the weather will do; but the forecast for next week does not look good at all! Rain, snow, cloudy.. We have trip cancellation insurance. Is anyone in this area at present that can give a better picture of the weather. On map it looks like rain should push through??, but report states rain every day

I know we can never know what the weather will do; but the forecast for next week does not look good at all! Rain, snow, cloudy.. We have trip cancellation insurance. Is anyone in this area at present that can give a better picture of the weather. On map it looks like rain should push through??, but report states rain every day

Rain, snow and cloudy, sounds like Europe in the fall. It is not a Caribbean cruise, so, I think the weather you are talking about sounds a lot better than hotter than hades summer weather that people experienced this summer.

Wear layers, have some waterproof gear and shoes, and enjoy the beautiful cities.

jc

In Vienna today. It was drizzly till about 2 pm, then just gloomy & humid. Cool but ok with a long sleeve shirt & rain jacket. First rain we have seen in over 2 weeks.

Expect to have to wear a fleece under the raincoat next week. I like a waterPROOF coat with hood much better than an umbrella for running around sightseeing. Much easier to maneuver. Just think layers.

Thanks everyone, revise my packing and getting ready

Throw in a pair of cute comfy sandals for relaxing tired feet on the boat! After long and hard day in walking shoes your feet will love the change in footware :)

The temperature is still in the tens (degrees) everyday in Germany with few clouds and little rain. The Rhine area is very pleasant. However, the Danube area in general is a little cooler in Germany and Austria compared to the Rhine. Next week will see lower temperatures and more rain. Snow is mentioned probably because it could snow in the hills. But depending on what website you have checked this, the lower Alps are included in the forecast. The Danube valley is unlikely to have snow. There could be the first frost of the season early in the morning.

The weather for next week is classified officially as unsettled, but getting milder again towards next weekend.

Bring layers of clothing and if you are uncomfortable in the cold gloves are possibly in order for morning excursions. Then lean back and enjoy the beautiful autumn colours. :)

notamermaid

The temperature is still in the tens (degrees) everyday in Germany with few clouds and little rain. The Rhine area is very pleasant. However, the Danube area in general is a little cooler in Germany and Austria compared to the Rhine. Next week will see lower temperatures and more rain. Snow is mentioned probably because it could snow in the hills. But depending on what website you have checked this, the lower Alps are included in the forecast. The Danube valley is unlikely to have snow. There could be the first frost of the season early in the morning.

The weather for next week is classified officially as unsettled, but getting milder again towards next weekend.

Bring layers of clothing and if you are uncomfortable in the cold gloves are possibly in order for morning excursions. Then lean back and enjoy the beautiful autumn colours. :)

notamermaid

Thank you, thank you! On the spot info is much appreciated. I'm in Louisiana and we're still in the 90's temperature wise. Threw my silk long johns in and ready to go

Hadn't thought of this! Great idea, especially if DH would give a foot rub too

Bye bye, this is a matter of tired feet surviving the grueling (and delightful) days of walking! I brought ballet slippers too but it was the Leather Flip Flops that went on with the cute Chico's or Talbots pants. Our trip was cool and Fleece ruled (along with sandals) ;)

Enjoy your trip!

I always take my "Water Shoes" - sometimes call "Beach Socks". Hard rubber soles (good traction wet or dry) and elastic cloth tops made to get wet.

I even use them for quick trips out in the snow here in Minnesota because they slip on and off so quickly.