Is it typical for Oceania ships to..........

Iamthesea

We are also Elite Plus on X. The reason we have changed to O is that for suite and AQ prices we can now go on O and not be with 2800 of our new friends.

After going to Europe for the last 13 years we are now burned out on overseas travel. DH was an airline pilot and is over flying 12 hour flights.

We will be looking for cruises that RT in the US or Canada.

We have not seen any pricing on O that match the Celebrity pricing - category to category, especially with the perks that Celebrity offers with their rates! Although I do agree that Celebrity rates are higher because of those perks. I guess it depends on the itinerary.;) If it were not for the credit we are receiving for our February Oceania cruise, we could take a 1 week Caribbean cruise on Celebrity for about half of what Oceania's normal rates are.

I don't know if we will ever tire of Europe...8 cruises in 7 years! We will continue as long as we can and why we are taking trips there while we are still young enough. :D

Well, we have gotten away from the thread subject, haven't we? :) I'll keep an eye on the availability and rates of our February cruise. If rates drop, with the same perk offers, perhaps we can upgrade for about the same as we are paying for our current stateroom.

I have not read or been on these boards for several months but Cincinnati friends of ours recently cancelled their plans for your same February Marina cruise right before final payment because of the Marina Noro outbreak, which I assume is long over. Not having read about this outbreak, I have no comment. This was to have been their first Oceania cruise after enjoying Azamara, Windstar and Seabourn but they did not want to spend any more time worrying.

We just booked a one-week February island stay (direct flight) at a top-rated Carribbean adults only all inclusive resort because DH does not want to chance any repeat of last year's fiasco.