The Chardonnay Sisters Last Ride

diann744

OK, is anyone else having issues with the formatting on this new site? Even after numerous drinks, I don't type that bad.

Anyway, thank you all. For those not in on the joke, Christy and I are not actually twins; we just act like it. We always joke that we are twins but I slept late for nine years. Still, twins where it matters.

We had a trip on the string -- Alaska, May 22nd, on the Amsterdam.

I will be going, with my good friend Robin who has never cruised, never had a passport before, and enjoys chardonnay very much. Never a replacement, as no one can replace Christy or would ever be bold (or stupid) enough to try, but I would be thrilled to meet in person any of the folks I've come to respect on the boards.

So if anyone wants to join, I'll happily buy you a drink in my sister's honor. As long as it's not chard. That's mine.

OK, is anyone else having issues with the formatting on this new site? Even after numerous drinks, I don't type that bad.

Anyway, thank you all. For those not in on the joke, Christy and I are not actually twins; we just act like it. We always joke that we are twins but I slept late for nine years. Still, twins where it matters.

I will be going, with my good friend Robin who has never cruised, never had a passport before, and enjoys chardonnay very much. Never a replacement, as no one can replace Christy or would ever be bold (or stupid) enough to try, but I would be thrilled to meet in person any of the folks I've come to respect on the boards.

So if anyone wants to join, I'll happily buy you a drink in my sister's honor. As long as it's not chard. That's mine.

I wish there was a LIKE button. I am so glad that you are going to continue the cruise tradition....and with a good bud. I am sure you will show her the ropes. And she will be there for you, even better. Hang in there.

I wish there was a LIKE button. I am so glad that you are going to continue the cruise tradition....and with a good bud. I am sure you will show her the ropes. And she will be there for you, even better. Hang in there.

I too wish there were a LIKE button. A friend sent me the original post and I was so sad when I reached the line that told why you couldn't continue the review. Wish I had discovered your writing sooner. What a delight. So sorry for your loss.

I am so sorry for your loss. May you find comfort in your memories of cruises in the past.

Glad to know that you will be cruising again with your bud!

Hugs!

Sent from my XT1064 using Forums mobile app

My sympathy to you as you mourn your sister Christy. I have loved your unique style of writing and have enjoyed being along for the ride on the adventures of the Chardonnay Sisters. I, too, have had some memorable and silly travel times with my Dear Sis and know what a void there would be if she was no longer there.

I hope you find new pleasure in cruising with your friend, even though there will be many bittersweet moments as well.

I look forward to reading new reports from the "high" seas. I'll lift a glass of Riesling in salute to both of you.

I'm sorry.....my previous post sucked. It really did.

I was so excited to see a new Chardonnay Sisters post and when I ready your awfully sad news I was floored.

So tonight I had some Chardonnay and want to say how sorry I am. No one tells a better story than my sister...except for the Chardonnay Sisters.

My thoughts are with you,, :(

• 1 month later...
The formatting is NOT you. Here is a thread from the other day that explains it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2462485

Oh good. I thought I'd had a grammar infarction of some kind.

Please tell me someone's working on it. Within two weeks, we'll all look like idiots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was thinking about The Chardonnay Sisters today, and there was your post, but I was truly sorry to hear about your sister. I'm a Christy, too, so kind of a spirit sister to you....! As you heal, just know that you have given many of us lots of laughs through your travels, and I hope that your friend is ready for what's ahead of her with you! Keep the stories coming.....your sister will be waiting for them, too! :)

I'm so sorry to hear that your beloved Sister, Christy passed away.

Like other C.C. posters, I've always enjoyed the Chardonnay Sisters threads and happy to hear that you will have a good friend to travel with you to Alaska.

May it be some comfort to know that others are thinking about you, and remembering you and your Family in their prayers.

Betty

I was surprised to see this thread come alive again and I wanted to, once again, reach out and say thank you to all of you who have said such beautiful things to me. I know most of you, if not all, have been through similar tough times and I take great comfort in knowing that you are all there to provide support to others,regardless of your own issues.

I’m doing OK and I’ll be sailing next month with a dear friend. It won’t be the same, but it’s not supposed to be. It’s what the Evil Twin would have wanted and I plan to do her proud.

I promise to raise a glass to all of our former readers and cheerleaders. I might even attempt a review but in my wine-induced grief, I already gave up up all of my good lines so maybe not. We’ll see. It will be bittersweet but, oh man, what a ride it was!

I confess that, sometimes I reread old reviews to bring back the wonderful memories. And I always read the comments and get such joy from knowing that our antics provided some mirth now and then.

I’ll never forget one cruise (although I do forget which cruise) where there was a couple seated behind us (or in front of us, depending on whose perspective) in the MDR who had a table for two but sat next to each other rather than across (which I always associate with honeymooners).

We went to the medallion presentation and they were honored for 700 days. On the last night of our trip, the lovely lady stopped by our table to tell us how much they enjoyed seeing how much fun we always seem to have. I remember thinking, “Well duh, why would we do it if it wasn’t fun?” But the truth is, I got what she was saying. We really had a blast. Always. Always.

Never loud, never crude. And for all our tales of overindulgence, never drunk, disorderly or doing anything to draw attention. Except for the silly purses, we flew under the radar and enjoyed life in our own little bubble. I miss that bubble but there are new bubbles to be found, right?

Here’s to new bubbles.

I was surprised to see this thread come alive again and I wanted to, once again, reach out and say thank you to all of you who have said such beautiful things to me. I know most of you, if not all, have been through similar tough times and I take great comfort in knowing that you are all there to provide support to others,regardless of your own issues.

I promise to raise a glass to all of our former readers and cheerleaders. I might even attempt a review but in my wine-induced grief, I already gave up up all of my good lines so maybe not. We’ll see. It will be bittersweet but, oh man, what a ride it was!

Here’s to new bubbles.

Here's to new bubbles. I'll drink to that:D