NY Airports

Alicomp

When you return to the states at many airports, you will get your bags, do customs/immigration and then recheck your bags to your final destination. We have done this 3 times in Detroit in the past year and in Atlanta this week. All goes rather quick.

With a few rare exceptions, having TSA precheck will not help at the foreign airport, but MIGHT help at the landing airport. At Detroit the precheck is upstairs, so we just skip it and go through the regular line. Always short for us. At Atlanta today in Terminal F there was no precheck.

LEAVING the county, you check your bags once.

The problem is that TSA-Pre doesn't guarantee that you won't have to wait in line; it just means you don't have to undress. And, there is still baggage handling to contend with if you have checked bags. Better to be safe than sorry and make sure that you have plenty of time to make connections.

I had nightmares last night, when I wasn't tossing and turning while my mind raced. Where the H*** was I when I booked a connection in Zurich with only an hour and half between flights and knowing that I have to get through customs. Oh, s***, too late now; I booked months ago.

So, just how bad is Zurich?

The problem is that TSA-Pre doesn't guarantee that you won't have to wait in line; it just means you don't have to undress. And, there is still baggage handling to contend with if you have checked bags. Better to be safe than sorry and make sure that you have plenty of time to make connections.
I had nightmares last night, when I wasn't tossing and turning while my mind raced. Where the H*** was I when I booked a connection in Zurich with only an hour and half between flights and knowing that I have to get through customs. Oh, s***, too late now; I booked months ago. So, just how bad is Zurich?