Insurance ??

redhot77

It will cover anyone in your household that is traveling on the cruise with you. You need to list out each person who is going on the trip. I use InsureMyTrip.com and pick the package that is best for that trip. My husband travels a lot for work, so I usually get Cancel for Work Reasons, which is a little more pricey. Other times, for shorter trips, I'll just get medical coverage or basic trip cancellation/interruption.

I am buying insurance however, my question is it important for both of us(Husband & Wife) to purchase it. I have been reading it and it appears that if I buy it --it will covers us both. Am I totally wrong?

Totally wrong. I am not sure who you are getting your insurance through but I have never seen one that covers both people if you only pay for one.

If you need to cancel you will only get back the fare of 1 person not both.

If someone needs medical care it will only cover the person who bought the insurance. So if husband needs medical care but the wife bought the insurance it will not be covered.

If there is a delay getting to the cruise and you miss the ship it will only pay for the 1 person who bought the insurance to catch up to the ship.

Both need to buy the insurance. You can probably get more coverage for less money if you buy from someone other than the cruise line. You can check policies from tripinsurancestore dot com or insuremytrip dot come. Also check this forum here on insurance:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

totally wrong. I am not sure who you are getting your insurance through but i have never seen one that covers both people if you only pay for one.

If you need to cancel you will only get back the fare of 1 person not both.

If someone needs medical care it will only cover the person who bought the insurance. So if husband needs medical care but the wife bought the insurance it will not be covered.

If there is a delay getting to the cruise and you miss the ship it will only pay for the 1 person who bought the insurance to catch up to the ship.

Both need to buy the insurance. You can probably get more coverage for less money if you buy from someone other than the cruise line. You can check policies from tripinsurancestore dot com or insuremytrip dot come. Also check this forum here on insurance:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=635

Right!

• 2 weeks later...

My RCL invoices show a line item per person.

You could check other inpependent agents or online for Travel Insurance and pick what works fir you.

We alway bought it as it is a small amount relative to the overall cost if the cruise plus if you cancel past a certain date you loose 25% up to 100% depending how late you cancel. We bought it for every cruise just thinking is would never happen to us. Never did we think my mother woukd die unexpectedly just before our cruise. We could not of course but we did get the cruise refunded back to our credit card. I hope no one has to invoke insurance for any reason but that is what insurance is all about, the unexpected and unintended.