King beds??

blizzardboy

Wintergarden and verandah suites on current ships definitely do not. Was very surprised that the WG didn't have one .

. Regent may have king beds in some of its suites I have a feeling .

I find these bed sizes confusing - seem to differ in different countries. The beds on Seabourn are 6' wide, as they are essentially, as on most other lines, two 3' beds put together with a topping to make one fairly large bed. Whether 6' is king or queen I have no idea. In just a few suites they cannot be divided, which can be important for some people, such as friends travelling together.

Lincslady, you're right it is confusing because of the different terminology used in different countries to describe bed sizes. And don't get me started on centimetres!

I used 'queen size' in my reply because that's how SB describes the bed size on the website in the 'Preferences' online form but the width measurement would probably be more helpful.

I must say the beds on SB don't feel very big to me, compared to what I'm used to, but I've never measured them so it could just be my perception.

• 1 month later...

In the UK a king bed is 5feet wide and 6ft 6inches long and a superking size is 6ft wide and 6ft6inches long. In the UK we do not normally use the term Queen size. I believe in the US there is more than one variant of queen size, which confuses things further for us over here on the UK side.:)

The beds on Seabourn are at least superking size in width, like 2 single beds put together, so 2 x 3ft = 6ft wide. Not sure re length, but they seem plenty big and I am used to a UK superking size.

• Like 1

Sorry what is that in cm 😁 😁. according to these measurements a single (twin) is 2 inches wider than a UK single, a Queen is the same size as our king size and a king is 4 inches wider than a UK super king. Last time we were on Seabourn the bed did seem pretty spacious (remember in the UK most couples slept in a double bed which is 4 foot 6 or 54 inches so a U.S full - it's only within the last 10 years or so we have we moved to the King/ super king)

• 6 years later...

I just found this discussion while searching for Seabourn info.

FWIW, Seabourn told me this morning that their two twins pushed together create a "European Queen" size bed, which is slightly wider and has extra length compared to U.S. queen size beds.   

Edited by Boatdrill

2 hours ago, Boatdrill said:

I just found this discussion while searching for Seabourn info.

FWIW, Seabourn told me this morning that their two twins pushed together create a "European Queen" size bed, which is slightly wider and has extra length compared to U.S. queen size beds.   

Goodness me - and that was my comment just above yours from almost 7 years ago and I'm still here 😁😁

• Like 1