How to interpret cabin differences on deck plans?

DachshundsRule

Hello Regent experts, husband and I are new to Regent and booked on Explorer for spring 2017. Very excited. Wonder if anyone can help with deck plan question - understanding the ship is still under construction and the Regent people have limited info. We picked cabin PHa 917 for the sofabed option (occasional snoring issue). The deck plan shows little boxes within the cabin and the box within 917 looks significantly smaller/different than most other PH cabins. Is the box the general bathroom layout? The mirroring cabin across the hall is a handicap-accessible room (and a PHc rather than PHa, oddly) - is it possible 917 is also a handicapped accessible cabin with open bathroom but is mislabeled?

I seem to have zeroed in on the one cabin that looks different from most others on the plans and am now wondering if I should switch or am just overthinking things. Thanks in advance.

There's another thread a little below yours with a title about needing "a Mike Moore." MM has been very helpful to a number of people. Don't know if he can answer your particular question, but maybe give it a try?

Others may chime in as well.

Good luck with finding your answer and welcome aboard!

Agree with poss about posting your question on the "Mike Moore" thread. I did go into the rssc.com website and it does appear that 917 is smaller than the other suites. However, if you scroll up a bit, two of the PH-C suites look smaller as well. We are booked on the Explorer and have noticed some issues with the layout of the ship as it is depicted on the website. Like you said, the ship is not complete so it is understandable that everything is not exact.

Generally, when suites are different sizes, it shows up in the description of the suite. When I looked up PH-A suites, the description indicated:

"Dimensions

Suite: 450 ft2 (41.8 m2)

Balcony: 111 – 176 ft2 (10.3 – 16.3 m2)"

To me this indicates that all PH-A suites are the same size but the balconies vary

Hopefully you are working with a TA that is familiar with Regent (i.e. regularly books cruises on Regent). They will be able to not only answer your question but any other questions you have about Regent or the Explorer (plus you could get some great benefits from booking with them rather than through Regent).

Hope this helps:)

Thank you, will try Mike Moore thread. We booked directly with Regent. Our contact there was very helpful and confirmed (after checking) that the PH cabins actually have pocket doors separating the bedroom from living room. Doesn't seem so on renderings or floorplans, but I noticed doors on the walk-thru mocked up suites and she confirmed it. So still plenty of mystery details!

We book directly I guess because we are control freaks, like to go online or call the cruise co directly to change cabins, blah blah. We know we are paying more and that it is dumb doing it this way. :rolleyes:

Interesting perspective. IMO, it is Regent that is in control when you book directly. They want to fill every suite and the Regent representative may not tell you which suites to avoid. Also, if there is an issue with Regent, your TA is on your side -- looking out for your best interests. Something to think about:)

BTW, Wish we could wave to each other as we board next Tuesday in CPT. Have a great trip:)

Will definitely wave! Also trying to arrange getting on board the Nautica on December 1st when both ships are in East London. I'd really like to see a smaller Oceania ship.

Safe travels!