Eclipse 10 Night Dec 11-21

taylortime05

Hi,

I have sailed twice with RCCL, but this will be my first time with Celebrity.

I booked this last year when they had 123 with concierge cabins. I got it for 1499 pp and it includes 300 OBC, free tips and drink package. I am trying to decide if I will keep it because I have been tracking airfare and it is already going up but it sounds like an awesome deal compared to todays prices.

It is 10 nights going to St. Thomas, St, Kitts, St. Maarten and overnight in Barbados.

Has anyone done this itinerary and did you like it?

Are there any tips you can offer a first time cruiser on Celebrity?

Thank you

Sue

You picked a very nice cruise on a very nice ship. The price for a C3 cabin has risen considerably, $500, since you booked and you're getting a nice package of "free" items. I don't know from where you are flying, so I have no idea of what airfares might be. I'm sure others can advise as to where to look for the best prices. I fly standby so my angst lies in areas other than price.

We are booked on that same cruise, as it is considerably cheaper than the next one over Christmas. The Concierge cabins are nice enough, though many experienced X cruisers tend to stay away from them, as the price is usually higher than a balcony with not that many perceived benefits. But $1499 is a very reasonable price for that time of year. I'm sure many will pay that much and more for just a balcony. If you intend to stay with Celebrity, the CC does offer 5 points a day towards a higher benefits status, but that's a long way off for you.

Unless the airfare is outrageously expensive, I would certainly stick with your cabin. It's a beautiful ship and I am sure you will enjoy the trip. In any case final payment is not imminent, so you have time to check further.

Edited by BosoxI

Hi,

I have sailed twice with RCCL, but this will be my first time with Celebrity.

I booked this last year when they had 123 with concierge cabins. I got it for 1499 pp and it includes 300 OBC, free tips and drink package. I am trying to decide if I will keep it because I have been tracking airfare and it is already going up but it sounds like an awesome deal compared to todays prices.

It is 10 nights going to St. Thomas, St, Kitts, St. Maarten and overnight in Barbados.

Has anyone done this itinerary and did you like it?

Are there any tips you can offer a first time cruiser on Celebrity?

Thank you

Sue

When is your sail date? Where would you be flying from? I've got the best airfares booking them early. Have you considered a pre-cruise hotel? We consider all this part of the Cruise expense. I say go for it. Great itinerary,ship and perks.

Edited by davekathy

When is your sail date? Where would you be flying from? I've got the best airfares booking them early. Have you considered a pre-cruise hotel? We consider all this part of the Cruise expense. I say go for it. Great itinerary,ship and perks.

The sail date is Sunday, Dec 11 2016. We are flying from Detroit, MI to either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

We will fly in the day before. If we fly into Ft. Lauderdale we might stay at Embassy Suites on 17th Street. Not sure where we will stay if we fly into Miami.

Even when we fly into Miami we stay at Embassy Suites on 17th Street in FLL. You can get a taxi there. On return you can get a taxi to the airport. If your flight is late enough in the afternoon you can use Luggage Valet which picks up and checks your luggage the night before so you get off the ship later but without having to search for luggage. Your luggage is waiting for you when you get to your home airport. Very Nice with no problem.

Do check out the roll call...

We too are on this cruise and were shocked at airfare prices sp we are flying into Orlando day prior and renting a car. $46 and about 3 hrs. Saved quite a bit of money. We were planning on renting a car anyway because many times the airfare is cheaper to FLL and you still have to get to Miami.

We are looking forward to this trip

The sail date is Sunday, Dec 11 2016. We are flying from Detroit, MI to either Ft. Lauderdale or Miami.

We will fly in the day before. If we fly into Ft. Lauderdale we might stay at Embassy Suites on 17th Street. Not sure where we will stay if we fly into Miami.

If you are staying in Fort Lauderdale an option to consider is uising SAS. to get you to POM. They are a shared ride service (vans) and charge $15.00 PP and are efficient and timely. Go to their website for more details, http://www.ridesas.com.