Aarp gift cards shipping question

J458r

Hello, first time cruiser with questions about the aarp gift cards. I've followed the other messages and signed up to do the quizzes so I can save the 10% on them. I just am not sure how the shipping works. We have to have our cruise paid off by November 7th. Ideally I was going to order our gift cards for the balance I need to pay between today and Tuesday. For the people who have purchased these cards do you feel like that's enough shipping time? Do you feel like it's chancing not having them in time to for the 7th? Thank you all for all of your input.

Hello, first time cruiser with questions about the aarp gift cards. I've followed the other messages and signed up to do the quizzes so I can save the 10% on them. I just am not sure how the shipping works. We have to have our cruise paid off by November 7th. Ideally I was going to order our gift cards for the balance I need to pay between today and Tuesday. For the people who have purchased these cards do you feel like that's enough shipping time? Do you feel like it's chancing not having them in time to for the 7th? Thank you all for all of your input.

I normally get mine in between 5 and 7 days after ordering.

I normally get mine in between 5 and 7 days after ordering.

Ok, thank you. I think I might be better off just paying and not getting the gift cards. Five to seven days doesn't leave me a lot of wiggle room.

Took me eight days to get my recent orders. The process is overly convoluted. You place an order, then a day or two later you get an e-mail that tells you to call and verify the order. They they ship them, signature required. So you have to be available to sign for them. Ridiculous. I can order a $500 item from amazon and it will be in my mailbox or on the porch two days later with none of this BS. I can order a $500 gift card on target and it will show up on the recipients phone five minutes later. The company doing this needs to get out of the dark ages.

Unfortunately, you may be cutting it too close. It normally take 5-7 Business Days. If you order the $100 GC's those come quicker. The $500 GC's have to be signed for. I have never received a telephone call verifying my purchase, though.

Took me eight days to get my recent orders. The process is overly convoluted. You place an order, then a day or two later you get an e-mail that tells you to call and verify the order. They they ship them, signature required. So you have to be available to sign for them. Ridiculous. I can order a $500 item from amazon and it will be in my mailbox or on the porch two days later with none of this BS. I can order a $500 gift card on target and it will show up on the recipients phone five minutes later. The company doing this needs to get out of the dark ages.

If the hassle isn't worth the 10% to you, that's okay. More available gift cards for me :)

The savings make it worth jumping through the hoops. That doesn't mean the hoops couldn't be eliminated.

I did not get phone calls. I received e-mails and had to call them. The e-mails said the orders would be cancelled if I did not call. Here's a sample. I had the same e-mails from both AARP (two separate orders, $500 gift card each) and Citi (one order of five $100 gift cards.)

Dear Member,

Thank you for placing an order with Rewards for Good. We are contacting you to confirm you placed the following order DRWS-XXXXXXX for 1 $500 Carnival Cruises Gift Card.

Please contact us as soon as possible to confirm your order and shipping address so we may proceed with having your order shipped. Please be aware if the order is not confirmed within 72 business hours, we will cancel the order and process a full refund.

We can be reached at 1-888-842-2891 during our normal business hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 am – 6:30 pm EST and Saturday 10:00 am - 3:00 pm EST.

In addition, we would also like to advise you, due to the amount of your order it will be shipped UPS signature required.

We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind regards,

Customer Service

Hmm......I have never received an email asking me to call to 'verify' order, nor have I ever had to sign for them. I do get a confirmation email within 24 hours, then it has taken about 5 business days via USPS to receive them. Very easy, very quick and simple....so hmmmm.....wonder why you had to sign and call to confirm???:confused:

OP, you may be cutting it slightly close. You can always use them for OBC, or hold them for your next cruise if you order them and receive them too late??? Just a thought as 10% is 10% and still a savings!!

Hmm......I have never received an email asking me to call to 'verify' order, nor have I ever had to sign for them. I do get a confirmation email within 24 hours, then it has taken about 5 business days via USPS to receive them. Very easy, very quick and simple....so hmmmm.....wonder why you had to sign and call to confirm???:confused:

I received one of the emails as well the first time I ordered a $500 card and you always have to sign for $500 cards. Is it possible that you have only ordered $100 cards?

If you think you will run out of time, figure out what you think your on board charges will be and get that much on the cards. You know you will have around $13 per day per person on gratuities. You could easily spend $10 per day on other things. And I bet that would be a minimum if you are pretty thrifty. That's $160 per person on a 7 day cruise. If you have 2 people, get $300 cards for $273. Save about $27. If they arrive in time, use them for final payment and then buy some more for OBC.

I have ordered twice for the AARP gift cards. First time was 4 $100 cards that I did not need to call or sign for. The second time was 5 $100 cards, I still didn't need call but we did have to sign for them.

OP, I would recommend ordering right away today and then you should have them in plenty of time for your final payment. If not, I have heard that you can call Carnival and they will refund the amount and put the gift cards toward it instead.

I've been collecting the AARP Carnival Gift cards for our upcoming cruises, when I can find them available.

As many have said, it has taken up to 5-6 days for some, while other cards have arrived in 3-4 days.

The fulfillment location for the cards that I've bought has been in NE Ohio.

I noticed that the OP was also from Ohio; if you're in NE Ohio, your shipping time might even be less than what I've experienced. You can still buy the cards, and hang on to them to use to pay off your S&S account onboard.

Saving 10% is worth it, IMO.

I didn't have to do any of that so maybe the process has changed. I did the quizzes, placed my order and had them in 8 business days. They were in my mailbox.

The savings make it worth jumping through the hoops. That doesn't mean the hoops couldn't be eliminated.

I did not get phone calls. I received e-mails and had to call them. The e-mails said the orders would be cancelled if I did not call. Here's a sample. I had the same e-mails from both AARP (two separate orders, $500 gift card each) and Citi (one order of five $100 gift cards.)

[/font][/left]

Yeah...I really dislike this practice. I don't accidentally place orders. In this day and age of online ordering, we should not have to answer an "are you sure" call to action.

I'm guessing you only purchased $100 gcs. Those they don't make you do anything for. But when your order $500 gcs, they want you to answer the question: "are you sure?" AND arrange to be at home to sign for them. :rolleyes: