Anyone experienced with Regent's Med tours?

Hi! I'm planning my first Regent cruise in quite some time (Navigator on August 6) and have a couple of shore excursion questions for anyone knowledgeable about Regent's offerings. We are two late-30-somethings and experienced travelers.

In Taormina, I'm seeing several options for Mt. Etna tours. Does anyone know which is the most active, and whether it's worth paying for the optional tour rather than doing one of the included ones. It was a bit difficult judging the difference among the options.

Also, if anyone has loved a tour in Amalfi or Corfu, I'm open to recommendations (especially of the included tours). Or suggestions for independent exploration.

Thanks!

Hi Erica,

I could recommend a trip to Ravello when you are in Amalfi. It's a very scenic drive up there and when you arrive you have wonderful views. It's a quiet easy going place to wander and has a music festival in summer.

We have also taken the regent boat trip to Positano which is very nice, can be busy but again lovely to wander.

In Taomarina we took the Regent trip steps of the Godfather . It was really good and again a scenic hang on the seat on the bus trip to the area. Really enjoyed it.

Corfu I have to be have to be honest wasn't my cup of tea, so couldn't advise anything there. Last trip there we took that port as a lazy sea day and relaxed.

I am sure someone can chip in a recommendation for you. Have a good cruise, Jean.

Erica,

Can't help you with the Mt. Etna options as we tend to do the Lunch at a Private Villa in Taormina...hard to beat the food and wine and music and company.

The included options in Amalfi are somewhat limited, it's a beautiful drive but you may get bogged down in traffic, especially in August. Depending on what you're looking to do, that might be one to plan on your own.

In Corfu, we did the 4x4 excursion which was nice - it was a gorgeous drive, but keep in mind it was not an 'off-road' excursion, most of the driving was on older narrow mountain roads. You didn't need 4WD for the trip. That said, the scenery is gorgeous, but being younger as you are I'd recommend the mountain biking if you're into biking - I almost did that trip and the people that DID do it said it was quite the workout. Of course, that assumes that you're into mountain biking at all...

Hi, we have been to all three places and this is what we did.

Corfu....Achilleoion Palace and Corfu town. The palace was lovely. It was the palace where Empress Sissy of Austria spent time because she had TB. We enjoyed walking around the town pf Corfu. I would do that tour again.

Amalfi...we did the Positano tour. We were docked in Amalfi. The tour took a boat to Positano and on way back we toured Amalfi.

Taormina...we had signed up for Taormina and Mt Edna with lunch. However, because of high winds we couldn't dock in Taormina and we docked in another town. They took us by bus to Taormina but it was too late to do both town and volcano. Regent returned the money we paid for tour and we were given a choice of either one. We went to Taormina saw the town and Roman theater. Taormina is lovely. We'll be there in May 2018 and hopefully we can see the volcano. Enjoy.

Loved the 4x4 tour in Corfu. It was super fun.

We have been Taormina before on a land trip and did all the Mt Aetna stuff on that, so we didn't do any cruise ship tours there, just explored on our own. We have been to Amalfi on land trips as well, so when we were there on Regent, we did the wine trails tour which was very nice and had a great lunch. Ravello is really pretty but not terribly active, though on our land trip, we hiked from Ravello to Amalfi.