Puerto Rico docking

515kitty

We are to meet a friend whom we have not seen for years when we dock in PR at the end of the month. Just got and email and she was asking where we are docking as they have new areas and have moved things around. Would there be directions to a Oceania Riviera or is there a recommendation where one might meet up? Also years ago she was able to come aboard the ship and I assume there are restriction now that that might not be permitted anymore know about that. Would that be correct?

Edited by 515kitty

I found the following on the Port of Miami website, but cannot seem to find a schedule. You can call.

TO ANSWER YOUR OTHER QUESTION, NO, YOUR GUEST CANNOT BOARD THE SHIP. :( Sorry for the caps. :o

What pier will my cruise ship dock at or embark from in San Juan?

In general, arriving transit ships that are day-docking for one afternoon/ evening in San Juan usually dock at the Old San Juan Piers (Muelle 1, 3, 4, 6), so you can walk right out into Old San Juan and avoid taking a taxi. We believe an exception to this rule to be Celebrity Cruises which typically day-dock at the Pan American Pier. Cruises that start in San Juan (home departure port) usually leave from the Pan American Pier Terminals I or II. However, Carnival cruises embark from the Old San Juan Pier 4 terminal if San Juan is the home departure port. Again, be sure to contact your cruise line or call the San Juan Cruise Port at 787-723-2260 to verify the arrival or departure pier location.

I found the following on the Port of Miami website, but cannot seem to find a schedule. You can call.

TO ANSWER YOUR OTHER QUESTION, NO, YOUR GUEST CANNOT BOARD THE SHIP. :( Sorry for the caps. :o

What pier will my cruise ship dock at or embark from in San Juan?

In general, arriving transit ships that are day-docking for one afternoon/ evening in San Juan usually dock at the Old San Juan Piers (Muelle 1, 3, 4, 6), so you can walk right out into Old San Juan and avoid taking a taxi. We believe an exception to this rule to be Celebrity Cruises which typically day-dock at the Pan American Pier. Cruises that start in San Juan (home departure port) usually leave from the Pan American Pier Terminals I or II. However, Carnival cruises embark from the Old San Juan Pier 4 terminal if San Juan is the home departure port. Again, be sure to contact your cruise line or call the San Juan Cruise Port at 787-723-2260 to verify the arrival or departure pier location.

Thanks for the feed back I did find the san juan port number and did past that on to her for her to call. Will still have to find out a point to meet? Perhaps when she calls the port # and she will come up with that info. That is what I thought as far as bringing a guest on board. Security is a big thing now. And with all the virus problem I agree to that policy also. I saw where someone wanted to bring flowers back from a farmers market on a sailing and would think that would not be a good idea either.