Wonder complaints?

Porschewife

My sister and I are going on the 4 day Bahama cruise on the Wonder, April 13.

I have been reading so many complaints about the Wonder on both Cruise Critic and several other cruise websites. I am astounded. I thought these cruises were the benchmark for all others. I was so excited and now am wondering if it is worth all the money!

Anyone's input please?

I have been reading so many complaints about the Wonder on both Cruise Critic and several other cruise websites. I am astounded. I thought these cruises were the benchmark for all others. I was so excited and now am wondering if it is worth all the money!

Anyone's input please?

I don't know what "complaints" you've been reading, but we've taken 4 cruises on the Wonder (most recently last October). We've have no issues with the Wonder, and would sail on her again, at the drop of a hat.

While only you can determine if it's "worth it" for you, we feel it is.

There were a spattering of complaints about 2 years ago. Reports recently have all been good. If someone offered me a trip on the Wonder tomorrow, I'd be on board in a heartbeat!

The ONLY thing about the Wonder is that she hasn't had a major "Re-imagining" dry dock where they destroy the atrium "to match the new ships" and install a slide and the duck tail. The reason for this is simple--currently the Wonder is the only ship that will fit thru the Panama Canal. Add the duck tail and she will be too long. Until the new canal is finished, the Wonder isn't going to grow!

I tend to take peoples complaints with a grain of salt. Assume there are 4000 people on each cruise, and there are four bad reviews for each cruise, what percent is that.

Some people would NEVR be happy, hence the "I'll never cruise Disney again" posts. I think some of it depends on your expectations, and some on the cast members and some on the weather.

If your cabin steward does something not to your liking, mention it to him, and give them a chance to fix it. Same with dining team. Many people will let something simmer for days then write a scathing letter or email. I have talked with people who let something as simple as not getting a towel animal every day ruin their cruise. They steam and simmer over it when maybe your cabin person is swamped because they have a family that trashes their rooms every day.

I've learned that if you want something like towel animals every day, ask the steward if they do animals, and tip accordingly.

Please, please don't walk on the ship with bad expectations, and don't let others bad times affect YOUR vacation.

Edited by N41EF

We've been on the Wonder three sailings since 2014 and will board her again on May 1 for the westbound Panama Canal cruise. She is still beautiful and well-maintained. We cannot wait for the next 100 days to fly by.

We just got off the Wonder and it's looking impecable. I would even dare to say that it looked even better than when we were on the Magic after it was re-imagined. I think most people that complain do so when comparing the Wonder with the Fantasy, Dream or even the Magic. They expect the "new stuff" and are shocked to find an elegant classic ship without all the technology or the new feel of the others. There was always someone painting, polishing and keeping the Wonder at it's finest.

Edited by kmilycoco

We were on Magic this summer and Wonder over Christmas. Overall, I prefer Wonder. I like the styling better, particularly the adult areas. The kids clubs were identical for the teens and tweens. The younger age clubs were different but comparable. There were small differences in the staterooms (drawers vs shelves), but otherwise identical for our verandah rooms. Wonder is in fine shape, also. It does not look old, and I would totally sail her again.

Anyone's input please?

I will be on this cruise also, Heard Nothing but great things about the Wonder!

We went on the Wonder last April right around the same time you are going this year and we loved it. It was a first cruise for the kids and they have been begging to go back ever since. The Wonder was fantastic. From the room steward to our servers, everyone was great. PLus you get the added bonus of being surrounded by Disney and its "magic". No complaints here.

I will be on this cruise also, Heard Nothing but great things about the Wonder!

Thank you for your response. My sister is from Raleigh, NC and I am from Naples, FL (a recent move from MI). We would love to meet fellow cruisers. We will be sailing without children....ours are grown and having their own kids!

We were on the Wonder for 7 nights in December of 2015. The ship was beautiful, the crew was fantastic, and we enjoyed the shows again. Palo brunch and Palo dinners were fantastic. Previously we have sailed on the Wonder in Alaska and also in the Caribbean.