ground transportation in miami

njb3636

We will be on the Disney Wonder April 13-17 out of Miami and were wondering if it's better to use the Disney shuttle to/from the airport or grab a cab. Our concern is that we have a 4-year-old daughter and we aren't sure if a cab will take us. Also, how does the Disney Shuttle work on debarkation day? Any advice would be appreciated.

Not sure what you mean by "how does the shuttle work." You go to the terminal and pick up your luggage (if you put it out the night before), go thru Customs, and proceed to the CM who is directing people to transportation. Tell her that you have transfers to the airport and take your luggage to the indicated bus slot. As far as I know, they ONLY serve MIA. If you fly in/out of FLL, you are on your own.

The only problem with DCL transfers is that you will wait for the bus to fill up before they depart. This is typically a wait of less than 20 minutes, sometimes almost no wait at all.

Why would a taxi not take a child? Is this a car seat issue? Or am I missing something?

Sorry........yes car seat is the issue. And as far as the shuttle, I was just curious if there is an assigned time for the shuttle on debarkation day or just a constant flow of shuttles waiting when you leave the ship. Thanks for the replies.

Sorry........yes car seat is the issue. And as far as the shuttle, I was just curious if there is an assigned time for the shuttle on debarkation day or just a constant flow of shuttles waiting when you leave the ship. Thanks for the replies.

No assigned transportation times. Eat breakfast at your scheduled time (or on pool deck if you don't like your assigned time) and then disembark no later than 9:00.

Sorry, I can't address the car seat issue. A quick google search might reveal whether they are required on commercial vehicles (they are not on the DCL transfer buses), or if they can be arranged in advance. Most limo/towncar companies will happily provide them, but some do charge extra.

I just cruised on RCI's Majesty of the Seas out of Miami, and took a taxi from the airport and back.

A taxi to/from MIA and the Port of Miami is a fixed price of $27.

Steve

Note--this fee is per cab (not per person) and includes all surcharges, tolls, etc. The only extra is the tip. And any driver who tries to tell you otherwise should be reported. This info can be verified on the Miami-Dade government web site for those who don't want to trust a forum site.