Embarkation Carnival Glory

Hi,

First time cruiser, so any advice gratefully received.

Boarding for 11th June starts at 12.30.

I've elected for a 11.30 -12.00 check in - does that sound reasonable ?

Also its been advised that i head straight for lunch once boarded as access to staterooms is not available until 1.30 ?

Comments welcomed :)

Hi!

Try not to arrive too early because you will have to wait outside until your check-in time. Guests will not be allowed inside the terminal until their selected Check-In Window.

The agents usually begin to line up the next window 15-30 minutes before the actual check-in window time.

Once you proceed through the ID check, security checkpoint you will have to Check In. You will most likely be given a Boarding Zone Number, unless boarding for All Guests have been called. Once your number is called you can proceed to board the ship.

It's the most stressful part of cruising, but just relax and don't worry, the ship won't leave without you, as long as you're in the terminal!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I just left the glory this past Saturday but I will tell you I arrived at my time slot of 1:30-2:00 at 2:05 and got in and on board in 15 min. People that had early times informed me they were waiting for hours outside in the heat. I like later because it's after the rush!::D

Thanks myateam

I'm a novice to this so please excuse my ignorance.

I'm checking in close to boarding time so i assume my wait will not be too long ?

After check in, where do you go ? Do you have to wait out in the sun ? Does the terminal building have a/c ?

Many Thanks

The listed boarding time does not mean that's when they will actually start boarding. Many things can delay boarding, such as a delayed return from the previous cruise or a Coast Guard inspection. Checking in gets you a boarding zone number. Wedding parties board first, then platinum and diamond, then FTTF, then they start the zones. They will actually start boarding as soon as they can. On our Splendor trip, we arrived in port of Miami about noon and after getting through the various lines we walked right on board. Also possible that delays could mean boarding doesn't start until later than planed. YMMV. Be patient. You will get on.

Thanks myateam

I'm a novice to this so please excuse my ignorance.

I'm checking in close to boarding time so i assume my wait will not be too long ?

After check in, where do you go ? Do you have to wait out in the sun ? Does the terminal building have a/c ?

Many Thanks

Trust me, you are not ignorant...just not experienced. ;)

If everything goes right, you should board shortly after checking in. Normal boarding time usually starts around 11:30.

After checking in, if they haven't started boarding yet, you will be waiting in a large holding area with seating for almost everybody. The terminals are air conditioned.

Sorry for the delay and yes make sure you don't have any bottled water or sodas ONLY CANS allowed. seen people arguing because of the bottle water no longer being allowed and it held up the line for a few minutes. Don't think They could find any can water lol!! We didn't wait at all with my time slot to board or go to our room and drop off carry on items. Please note if you get on board a lil later don't waste time going to service desk do that later on. Go eat and enjoy first. :D:)

we checked in at 10 a.m. as we had selected, knowing we would be sitting in chairs playing cards until boarding began. We thought boarding would have started sooner, around 11 (based on things posted here previously) - but no! The previous passengers were slow to debark.

There was a PA announcement that weddings would begin boarding at 1:30, then minutes later, boarding began and they galloped through the weddings, plat, diamonds, FTTF, and got to our Zone 1 quickly. We were eating lunch on the lido by 1:30 - and our room was ready then, too.

I think this new system could work - but we didn't get to see it work this time.

Edited by Out of Iowa
we boarded on 5/14/16. Wrong date: sorry!

Hi,

First time cruiser, so any advice gratefully received.

Boarding for 11th June starts at 12.30.

I've elected for a 11.30 -12.00 check in - does that sound reasonable ?

Also its been advised that i head straight for lunch once boarded as access to staterooms is not available until 1.30 ?

Comments welcomed :)

Sailed the Glory...twice! Always a good sign to go for seconds.

Sounds like a good check in time. As others have noted don't be early now because you won't be allowed in the terminal.

And yes, go for lunch first. Head for Lido and stake out a table. Take turns exploring the many offerings while someone holds the table.

Check your sail and sign card for your dining table assignment (if not doing anytime). Check out the dining room and get a preview of your table.

As soon as the rooms are ready get rid of the stuff and start exploring!

Orient yourself from your cabin door to the 3 elevator banks and learn the easiest routes to and from the 'good' spots. Your dining room, Lido buffet, main showroom, etc. Knowing which elevator to use can save a lot of walking later in the cruise and help to eliminate some of those 'where the h*** are we' moments.

And have fun at every moment. Remember ship happens. Don't sweat the small stuff!