SD vs WS triplets

Ragnar Danneskjold

Starting a new thread rather than sending IJ off on another tangent :D

Any SeaDreamers been on the "new" 200 pax triplets Windstar bought from Seaborne? I have read that the Legend and the Breeze have had a major facelift, but that the Pride just had minor work done, and is scheduled for the same treatment as the others in the near future.

How is the ambiance? Service level? Wine/beer/cocktails quality? Chow?

And is it really dreadful to have to sign a chit for everything?

I've read reviews of the triplets, but hard to tell where people are coming from.

We will be aboard the Legend in early March. Picked this cruise as it goes to places in the far southern Caribbean that SD doesn't.

The Pride had far more than minor work done. It was a total redo. BUT the Legend and Spirit came a year later and so have more improvements that will be incorporated into the Pride in 2016 as well.

I hope you have a great trip and I look forward to hearing your reactions.

Yes, it really is dreadful signing chits for everything once you have done it the other way. I have not sailed them under Windstar but I anticipate it would be a step down from their Seabourn service if for no other reason than they have bumped up the passenger load and reduced the number of crew. That and the pesky chits you mentioned. I also look forward to your Ragnar style critique.:eek:

They do, but you still have to sign, it is just not tallied on your final bill (I seem to recall reading). My writting hand is going to get tired :D

Shouldn't be an issue as we will be ashore much of the time. The spool deck does not look very inviting, so we don't plan to spend any time there. Just a drink before dinner and a bottle of wine, on nights we dine aboard, will be about it.

We'll save the lounging and partying for SD (assuming the gang of Lord of the Flys children aboard will lets us old folks out of our cabins) :rolleyes:

Ragnar "Beastie" D.

Haven't been on Windstar but like you all we are allergic to signing checks after every drink much less paying by the beverage. Got on their web site and it says non-alcoholic beverages (whatever those are LOL) are always complimentary implying adult beverages are not. There is a reference as I read it to purchasing an inclusive upgrade or package. Since some guests may be by the drink and others not, all will be signing as you go regardless? Just a theory.

Edited by JES4845

Haven't been on Windstar but like you all we are allergic to signing checks after every drink much less paying by the beverage. Got on their web site and it says non-alcoholic beverages (whatever those are LOL) are always complimentary implying adult beverages are not. There is a reference as I read it to purchasing an inclusive upgrade or package. Since some guests may be by the drink and others not, all will be signing as you go regardless? Just a theory.

Yep, that's the way it works. You sign just like all the rest, it then gets credited off your on board account. We have had offers from most of the big lines recently with drinks package included. The downside is that drinks (like on airplanes) have a shrinking amount of "adult beverage" in them and service becomes slower. Of course, not on SeaDream.:D

I can't speak for Windstar, but I sailed Oceania that had a similar all inclusive option. While you paid for your drinks upfront you did need to sign chits. It got old very quickly. Especially after dinner when you have to chase someone down to find a chit to sign (thereafter I'd just leave whatever restaurant and let them find me). Bar and lounges would clear out chits whenever a staff member changed. I had several chits from one game of trivia due to this.