Cruise Director for Pride?

LisaT12

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We were on Pride with him a couple weeks ago, and we are by no means cruising experts, but we thought he was pretty good. We attended a couple name that song events at the atrium bar and he was very energetic, funny and had great crowd interaction. As someone posted earlier, he is a little goofy, but we liked him. Our cruise was his first on pride as CD. Have fun!!!

His catch phrase is "May the Schwartz be with you!"

We were on Pride with him a couple weeks ago, and we are by no means cruising experts, but we thought he was pretty good. We attended a couple name that song events at the atrium bar and he was very energetic, funny and had great crowd interaction. As someone posted earlier, he is a little goofy, but we liked him. Our cruise was his first on pride as CD. Have fun!!!

His catch phrase is "May the Schwartz be with you!"

If he used that phrase when he started as CD we have never sailed with him. Would have remembered that.

Just off the Pride today..one word..Awesome!! We LOVED him, funny..witty, energetic, would see us at events and talk to us as well as everyone! Ylu will ne a lucky person if you get the chance..made an impression on us, only one other one did that to me in many cruises, that man is John Heald..says a lot huh?

We sailed on the Pride recently, too and really enjoyed Schwartz. It was our first Carnival cruise (in the past have sailed Disney and Royal Caribbean) and this is the most interaction I remember from a cruise director.

My parents celebrated their 57th wedding anniversary on the cruise and somehow my mother ended up talking to him on a port day. He sent a bottle of wine, chocolate covered strawberries and a personalized note to their stateroom. Not sure if this is typical for a cruise director but it made her entire cruise.

• 1 month later...
Does anyone if Schwartz will still be the CD for the 23 Oct sailing? Just curious, because a CD can make or break your cruise. We sailed PRIDE 3 years ago with Josh "Big Sexy" Waitzman, and he was very good.

Nevermind...answered my own question. :D Anyone know anything about Steve Knisley as a CD? Good, bad, or meh?

According to JH, the Pride CD from 8/28 - 10/23 is Leigh Xuereb, who I have never heard of before. Steve Knisley returns after the 10/23 cruise.

I believe he just started with Carnival after having been a cruise director with Royal Caribbean. You can find him on You Tube.

Nevermind...answered my own question. :D Anyone know anything about Steve Knisley as a CD? Good, bad, or meh?

We had him on our cruise last year. I really liked him. He wasn't as animated as some but was very funny in a more relaxed way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had Schwartz and let me tell you, he was amazing! He was everywhere! He was personable. Funny and witty. What cracks me up about him since we seen him many places, when he is talking to you, he puts his hand on the person should but dear lord do not touch him in the same manner. ha ha its funny.

Going on the Pride again in November so I can't wait to see the next guy.

Just got off the Pride today. Schwartz was awesome. Reminded me of Matt Mitchem. High energy and all over the place.

We had Steve Knisley last year. I didn't care for him. He seemed like he was forced to be there. Was only going through the motions and didn't seem engaged.

I believe he just started with Carnival after having been a cruise director with Royal Caribbean. You can find him on You Tube.

I am on the Pride in 31 days and I heard he will be the CD. I never had any experience with him so I went onto his FB page. It said that he was let go from RC due to a lapse in judgement?? Some of the folks that are in my fb group said he is really good and wild. I am looking forward to seeing what he is all about.

Just got off the Pride today. Schwartz was awesome. Reminded me of Matt Mitchem. High energy and all over the place.

We had Steve Knisley last year. I didn't care for him. He seemed like he was forced to be there. Was only going through the motions and didn't seem engaged.

He's STILL that way? He was that way 6 years ago on the Elation....