Vigo to Santiago de Compostela

ann141

Keltic - Is there a website where I can view timetables? All of my searches show Vigo-Guixar to Santiago and not the train from Vigo-Urzaiz. Thank you.

I have just checked in http://www.renfe.com when you write Vigo in the search boxes on the right it gives both options. Just one remark. Renfe schedules are usually unavailable if more than four weeks advance.

I have just checked in http://www.renfe.com when you write Vigo in the search boxes on the right it gives both options. Just one remark. Renfe schedules are usually unavailable if more than four weeks advance.

Thanks for the information. I was able to find the current schedule and if they don't change much for September I don't think the train will work as given our port times we would only have about 3 hours in Santiago.

• 1 year later...
I have always suggest a second option. Most taxi drivers accept day tours to Santiago. I am not familiar with the fares but I would calculate about 200 euros with a three hours waiting in Santiago. It's not bad if four people share the taxi.

Just another remark. In April the new line will in service. 45 minutes to Santiago and new station. Vigo Urzaiz will be the one for trains to Santiago. Taxi is essential. Vigo Guixar for other regional trains.

Keltic, you are so much help :)

Would you happen to know if the taxi drivers still have special rates for cruisers.

We are debating between train and taxi. Train is cheaper of course but taxi gives us much more flexibility and the possibility of seeing a bit of Vigo before we depart. Thanks so much :)

Yes they do. I don't have updated information about the exact fares now.

Thank you so much Keltic :). For the information and the very quick reply.

You are a huge help :)