Odyssey, Figi-LAX

PaulaJK

Considering booking the above cruise. We love days at sea but generally on another line which emphasizes enrichment. The days at sea on this cruise total 11, 6 in a row as we are crossing the Pacific from Hawaii to La.

If anyone has crossed the Pacific in March, we would appreciate hearing about your weather.

More importantly, we would like to hear of your experiences of multiple days

at sea on SB. We are quite familiar with the SB product but not w. itineraries with so many days at sea.

Hopefully they will not be closing the DR for breakfast and lunch! [but I will ask]

Thanks

Paula, weather is a crapshoot.

I've done Pacific crossings several times in March on various lines, but not on Seabourn.

Could be very nice with calm seas.

Could be very rough with storms.

Could be in between.

History means nothing. What matters is the weather you will have and no one can predict with any certainty what the weather will be like.

So if you do this one prepare for the worst (cabin location, meds, etc.) and hope for the best.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

I have done that exact cruise 2 times,the sea conditions where very good very little motion.However this year is predicted to be a El Nino weather pattern,that changes everything.As we know you can never predict what Mother Nature will do.

There are always at least two lectures (one morning and one afternoon,) cooking demonstrations. trivia, bridge playing (if you are into that). There's a great spa, tons of movies to watch on one's TV, great leisurely meals, watching the ocean. And of course, the best entertainment at sea....conversations with one's fellow SB passengers.

We cruised Sydney to Los Angeles on Odyssey a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Between Sydney and Hawaii there were plenty of port stops interspersed with a couple of sea days here or a single sea day there. It is only between Hawaii and Los Angeles that you have a bunch of sea days together. But there is always something to do.

I have done that exact cruise 2 times,the sea conditions where very good very little motion.However this year is predicted to be a El Nino weather pattern,that changes everything.As we know you can never predict what Mother Nature will do.

IIRC it's supposed to be Super El Nino this year. Do they do the Neptune/equator crossing - fish kissing/gut bathing thing both ways or just North to South?

Oh great, El Nino!

I guess I've picked the wrong year to take my first cruise/visit to the west coast..... :eek:

Edited to add : oh even better, I see it's not just El Nino but SUPER El bloody Nino !

Edited by Nigella